Vindicating the Crown: The Crown3ds/Gateway Connection

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by yuyuyup, Oct 17, 2014.

1. yuyuyup
    OP

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    Hi, first off DO NOT go to the old Crown3ds dot com URL, it redirects to spam.

In celebration of the continued excellence of the glorious Team Gateway, I would like to revisit a theory; is Team Gateway the often mocked and spat-upon Team Crown3ds ?

Still viewed as vaporware, the Crown3ds proof-of-concept was demonstrated on youtube:

Bullshit? The majority cry yay. I dare challenge this popular notion. I finally found this thread from June 2k13 which I posted evidence provided by Another World and whofan (from a different thread.) Here is the link to the old thread,
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/proof-gateway-3ds-claim-to-be-working-on-a-game-manager.349636/

And here is the evidence I posted there (click for larger view)
    [​IMG]

All hail Team Gateway, bringers of a gift so precious, only for those with the 4.5.

It would be a shame to see the hidden heritage remain tarnished. That is the point of this thread; to at least question the historical account.

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I think in that video it was just fake m8 he was just using the Splinter Cell insides for it too look good and work, there was something released a while back were you apparently could use back ups but it was found out it was just the insides of a 3DS cartridge that was being used. I don't think crown had anything to do with GW.

3. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    the person behind Crown3DS was a GBATemp member, and they already admitted that it's a "social experiment"

It's just not vapor ware, it's an intentional hoax. There was a thread before where someone tracked down who owned the Crown3DS website.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i think your thinking of the silly K3DS someone made, probably a mocking of the crown3DS stuff, but i think its clear crown3ds isnt gateway......see no painted nails :P

5. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Ah yeah you're right, my mistake. I just woke up and they both use the same logo