Hacking Videos?

Kitsune84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i've rencently got myself an upgrade in SD cards (2gb to 16gb) and i've heard a few rumors that with Acekard you can have videos on, i was wondering if this was true and also will i need to convert the video files (If so please can you give me a link/tell me witch one to use)

Thanks ^^

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The only way I know you can get videos on an Acekard is by using 3rd part software - one of which is Moonshell2 (a popular Media player) - find it on Filetrip

This uses DPG video files & the Moonshell download includes the necessary encoder/decoder where you just drag-&-drop to convert any videos you like

Kitsune84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok Thank you i'll try it now, used MS2 before but didn't like it due to me only using music and it changes from tack to track are slow compaired to the old one...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well if you don't like Moonshell - I believe there's a couple of other possibilities

Tunavid is one - & I think the other was 'DSVideo' or something like that - but I can't find a link for that one

I've tried Tunavid as a Moonshell 'plugin' & the only problem I can find is there's no way back to Moonshell - you need to reset your DS. Can't remember if there was a way to get back to the file selector either

EDIT: found DSVideo on Filetrip Not tried this so don't know how good it is

Kitsune84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not mind moonshell for videos just that it took too long to swap music while it was on my 2gb card >.>, tryed out DSVideo, was a pain to get it started because you needed to DLDI patch it to get it working on hte ds.

To use it full i need to find a (.DSV) converter. but for now i'm happy for MS2, Thank you for you're help.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put DSvideo on my A2k for my boy. The interface is very simple so he shouldn't get into too much trouble with it. I used the video converter and converted a copy of Bolt. It works great but only plays on the top screen. It looks a lot better than I expected.

I had to DLDI patch the DSvideo.nds using the dldi from the akAIO /_aio folder. I also applied the NO-DLDI patch afterwards just encase. All in all it is a pretty slick player and is very easy for the young ones to use.

I found converting the files takes about an hour and a half on my crap laptop.
.dsv file converter here

15968_DSVideo.jpg

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like moonshell better, but after you down load moonshell 2 and drag and drop the files to your card. Get anther program called Batch DPG its a program that converts video files into videos the ds can play, you might have to convert some of them into mpeg or something before Batch DPG can convert them.
Than do just like you did with game roms and make a fold and name it videos or what ever it is your putting on your ds and save your videos in that.

Than just look for the moonshell icon to start it sorta like you would with a rom, than from in moon shell look for your videos folder and open it than click on the video you want to play it. Keep in mind that if you do movies in chapters and not as one hole from ripping them off ones you own. as long as there in a folder all there own and in order. Lets say Iron man folder, than iron man1 and 2 and so on moonshell willl play and continue on to the next chapter smoothly

Ive got lots of Amv's, some south park shows, and two movies on my Acekard.
You can do other things with moonshell to like open pictures play mp3's or save stuff on word pad and put it on there to.

Such as saving game guides or something for when your away so if you get stuck you can just go to moonshell and read what to do next or something.

Sorry if that was to much info
blink.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My worry was my boy would get himself into too much trouble with moonshell and end up deleteing or moving half the files on his DS.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Prime_Zero said:
I like moonshell better......
.....Such as saving game guides or something for when your away so if you get stuck you can just go to moonshell and read what to do next or something.

Sorry if that was to much info
blink.gif
Nope - That's basically what I do with my setup (except for the 'DPGbatch' bit - I use Super 'C') - except I've got Moonshell to autoboot straight away on switch on & use that for everything including ROM playing (I don't use cheats much so don't need to 'pop into' AKAIO that much)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-