Homebrew Videos on Moonshell with BatchDPG Guide

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with Moonshell that I've never had before, and I haven't found the answer in this forum yet. I am trying to figure out why the dpg file I just converted won't play. I usually get my files by ripping a dvd to my computer hard drive, them running it through BatchDPG or SUPER, then watching it on Moonshell.

This time, I downloaded a movie from rapidshare, unzipped it, ran it through BatchDPG, and when I try to watch it on Moonshell, nothing happens. I went back and converted it again, this time using SUPER, then I tried watching it again, and nothing happens. No error message, no nothing. When I press the A button to start it playing on my DS, it just sits there.

I've tried tweeking the moonshl settings, but to no avail. Does anyone know what might be going on? All my other videos that I ripped from DVDs are still running fine. It's just this one particular video I can't get to work for some reason. And I don't think it's a problem with the original video I downloaded, because I just watched the movie on my PC's Windows Media Player. Thanks in advance.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to try with 2.7 avisynth. Pirates of the Carribean either has the sound out of phase with the motion or batchdpg crashes.

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to convert Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest.

I am using the settings for wide screen. Most of the time mencoder crashes. Once I got finished product and the sound was out of synch with the motion. My recentl finished product gets the error message "Horizontal sizes other than 256 pixels became unsupported." I am using the recommended settings for wide screen.

ThriceTwice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I get the Error

Audio COnversion Failed. Make sure you got the required Audio Codec Installed. This box will Time out in 15 seconds.

Tried K-lite, Tried cccp. Fail Fail Fail =/

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am using EDGE but there isn't any EDGE option in there. Can you recommend any other apps which will allow me to watch videos, play mp3s etc. The moonshell I downloaded from the official website doesn't support wmv and mp4.

rizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Want to get rid of those annoying popups you get when you boot up Moonshell? Simply open your "moonshl.ini" in the "MOONSHL" folder of Moonshell with Notepad, browse to the [Boot] section and replace all the 0s in hiddenAboutWindow=0 / hiddenHelpWindow=0 / hiddenDateTimeWindow=0 to 1s to hide them. You can also play around with "moonshl.ini" as most of the configuration commands are explained and pretty straight forward."

Hey. i couldn't find the [Boot] section in the moonshl.ini. do i have to create a section? if so, how? thanks.

sarah3585

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What file size roughly is a 22 minute tv show going to be. I know it will depend on compression settings but roughly. 200-300MB?

rizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sarah3585 said:
What file size roughly is a 22 minute tv show going to be. I know it will depend on compression settings but roughly. 200-300MB?

approximately 40-60 mb because it's a dpg file when converted which means it's usually way less than the original.

P

pasc

Man, sorry to revive this topic, but this reallyy pi**es me off... At any time when I convert this videos I get no errormessage, Batchdpg 1.60 (newest version by iAmGhost) just skips the audio, goes straight to the videoconversion, and after finishing that, gives me a error with "box time out in 30 seconds, check ....avs blabla".

My Question: What can I do to get these frickin videos encoded ? I tried numerous video codec packages (deinstalled the other ones first before installing a new one).

I tried KLite Codec Pack, XP Codec Pack, CCCP Codec Pack, ACE Mega Codec Pack etc.

the parameters g-spot delivers:

Video: Codec: DX50 Name: DivX 5.0.5
Audio: Codec/Name: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer

Any Ideas what codecs might help ?

I was able to encode these videos yesterday just fine, but then I deinstalled all codecs so I could use only CCCP, now I got nothing.

Thx in advance.

DrOMFG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you, BatchDPG never worked for me, it does not.
smile.gif

JaWaSc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I've heard that the new Sakura uses a new better Encoder, which supports a higher bitrate and more fps. Now I want to know what the recomment settings for playing movies on sakura are?
btw, i've already tried something, I've convert a movie with 27 fps an a 320 bitrate. On the M3 Real firmware it`s slow down, on sakura there are no problems.
Sorry for my broken english

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
JaWaSc said:
Hi, I've heard that the new Sakura uses a new better Encoder, which supports a higher bitrate and more fps. Now I want to know what the recomment settings for playing movies on sakura are?
btw, i've already tried something, I've convert a movie with 27 fps an a 320 bitrate. On the M3 Real firmware it`s slow down, on sakura there are no problems.
Sorry for my broken english
There are none, so you'll have to experiment.

skidzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey.how can i separate the subs from my video.
i cant read the subs because it is too small.
the video is in mp4 format for ur information.
can some one tell me how? thanks.
sry for my poor english
smile.gif

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
skidzo said:
hey.how can i separate the subs from my video.
i cant read the subs because it is too small.
the video is in mp4 format for ur information.
can some one tell me how? thanks.
sry for my poor english
smile.gif

I don't think you can separate subs from an mp4, if you had mkv or a similar format you could use a demuxing program.

Rageon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there!
I've been having some serious trouble with BatchDPG.
I stayed up until 6:00 AM just to try and fix the darn problem =[

I have: AviSynth v.2.5.8
Windows.NET Framework 3.0
BatchDPG v.1.3 beta 5
Moonshell(came with my R4)
ffdshow (newest version)
And a couple of videos I'd like decoded

Everything up-to-date in other words.

I've tried using both CCCP Filter Pack Codec, and K-Lite v.4.1.4. None of them worked.

Now, for the error message: "Conversion failed. Open "filename" in a media player and take note of the message.
This box will time out in 30 seconds"

I've tried different methods to make it work,
but it seems I'm a little over my head here.

I'm open for suggestions
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway