Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

Exeplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The music is very annoying and the tutorial at times is really incomprehensible.
Sure? I made my audio +500% and the music +20-40%

edit: yeah the first seconds aren't that great but It seems the rest is acceptable. If i hear more people complain i'll change it.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude don't do that to me, you said 9.X when it's actually 9.2.X I'm on 9.4 and all of a sudden I had this brief light of hope.

Reactions: migles

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awful just awful music is really annoying and your tut is incomplete
First of all you should have started by telling people to put the launcher.dat on the SD and then going to GW menu and making a dump of their 9.2 says and and copying it their PC in a safe place

Exeplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awful just awful music is really annoying and your tut is incomplete
First of all you should have started by telling people to put the launcher.dat on the SD and then going to GW menu and making a dump of their 9.2 says and and copying it their PC in a safe place
I did, I told them to get all 3 files and also told them where to get it. I told them to drag those files in. Also made sure to get the launcher.dat. I am fixing the audio right now, thanks for reply! I'm working on it :)

It's their problem if they screw up and not follow the video correctly.
The reason I didnt tell them about the nand.bin is because its not needed for the process. But ill add it to the description. Thank you!

Reactions: Margen67

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did, I told them to get all 3 files and also told them where to get it. I told them to drag those files in. Also made sure to get the launcher.dat. I am fixing the audio right now, thanks for reply! I'm working on it :)

It's their problem if they screw up and not follow the video correctly.
The reason I didnt tell them about the nand.bin is because its not needed for the process. But ill add it to the description. Thank you!
Yeah but you skipped the actual backing up of the NAND step
And also formatting emunand

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
while backing up the nand is 100% needed imo....emunand would be for another video i would imagine, plus some people want to go to cfw, some would be using MT....and for some reason there may still be 3dslink/R4 deluxe users, better to have this split up i would imagine

Exeplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not needed and its not the point of the video, I haven't skipped anything important. However mentioning it should make one realize how important it is by itself. That is a whole tutorial by itself.
If I'm not wrong formatting the SD card to the emunand wouldn't do anything.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

Although you're going to mention it in the description some people are more used to hacking the home consoles like the Wii and may be compeltely new to this whole thing (me included, I never hacked the DS)
so I kind of wish you actually showed the backing up of the NAND as it's the biggest step but no matter, still a good video :) and thanks for adding those notes in the description

I kinda just wish that there'd be a 30 min video of an actual massive guide like the one in the Wii Hacking section and it is all as easy to understand as Gateway personally

Exeplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although you're going to mention it in the description some people are more used to hacking the DS and Wii and may be compeltely new to this whole thing (me included)
so I kind of wish you actually showed the backing up of the NAND as it's the biggest step but no matter, still a good video :) and thanks for adding it in the description at least

I kinda just wish that there'd be a 30 min video of an actual massive guide like the one in the Wii Hacking section and it is all as easy to understand as Gateway personally
I have a Wii U/Wii, I haven't tampered with it yet. I just added an annotation in the video itself stating the warning for nand backup. Hopefully people don't fuck up, I have several warning for nand back up. Honestly, if people follow the guide properly they won't encounter any problem and be done within 20 minutes or less.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I figure I might as well pose this question here as it's relevant to downgrading and not important enough to make a new thread for. I have a 3dsxl that I bought used a while back, it was already over 4.5 but I ask, since the 2ds and n3ds can't downgrade due to running at a firmware natively over 4.5, if my 3dsxl came with a firmware above 4.5 could I still downgrade? Or would it not work since it originally shipped with a 4.5+ firmware?

Also, how likely is a brick, and is it really worth it? (Aside from not needing wifi for the exploit, which I would really like as MH4G kicks me back into sysnand when I exit)

Exeplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I figure I might as well pose this question here as it's relevant to downgrading and not important enough to make a new thread for. I have a 3dsxl that I bought used a while back, it was already over 4.5 but I ask, since the 2ds and n3ds can't downgrade due to running at a firmware natively over 4.5, if my 3dsxl came with a firmware above 4.5 could I still downgrade? Or would it not work since it originally shipped with a 4.5+ firmware?

Also, how likely is a brick, and is it really worth it? (Aside from not needing wifi for the exploit, which I would really like as MH4G kicks me back into sysnand when I exit)
Yes I believe it would work on any 3ds/3dsxl. For the bricking, I haven't seen anyone who bricked their device yet while downgrading. There is another forum (maxconsole) with a list of people and their successes or failures (just went through few pages and all i seem to see is success) its whole thread, check it out if you want.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I believe it would work on any 3ds/3dsxl. For the bricking, I haven't seen anyone who bricked their device yet while downgrading. There is another forum (maxconsole) with a list of people and their successes or failures (just went through few pages and all i seem to see is success) its whole thread, check it out if you want.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, I think I might as well downgrade.

Reactions: Margen67

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is what you should do:

1. Format to fat32 on sd card
2. Eventually backup nand
3. Emuformat
4. Downgrade.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you should not use to many fancy effects. in a tutorial they tend to be annoying
the intro thing with the fingers was pretty annoying xD (but i understand you are trying stuff to learn how to video editing and learning)
in the start of the video, you should make a propper introduction or at least tell what you need and what you gonna do... not just straight telling "plug the sd card etc" you should give info like "you gonna need to copy stuff so plug your sd card" telling tips about what you gonna do next or what you are doing, not just telling "put this, do this, etc..." because if you dont tell the reasons, i will just stay dumb and have no idea what to do...
if i am following a video to do this, that means i am to dumb to know what i will need or what can i use... i don't know how many sd cards i need, if i need or not gateway.. and i will loose my time doing the tutorial without knowing if i have all things...
there is a small square with some of that info but if you used your voice on the video, you should be friendly and use it... the way it was done it made me feel like starting to read a book on the second page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea