gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_252969_709_67898.jpg

Spending on all video-game content in the U.S. reached an estimated $16.3 billion to $16.6 billion in 2011, down about 2 percent from 2010.

The estimate -- final data will be available in March -- includes new physical video and PC games, used games, game rentals, subscriptions, digital full-game downloads, social network games, downloadable content and mobile games.

Retail sales of new physical sales of video-game content declined 8 percent to $9.3 billion, compared with the $10.1 billion recorded in 2010. Hardware sales and accessory sales each fell 11 percent to $5.6 billion and $2.6 billion, respectively.

HD console software sales rose 9 percent, with used-games sales, full-game digital downloads, downloadable content and mobile gaming apps also showing growth.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was the top-selling game of 2011, according to NPD, which didn't break out revenue or the number of units sold. Just Dance 3, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and Madden NFL 12 round out the top 5. Warner Bros. Interactive's Batman: Arkham City ranks seventh for the year.

“Overall industry results are not entirely surprising given that we are on the back end of the current console lifecycle, combined with the continued digital evolution of gaming," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier. "Core gamers continue to be engaged and spend on established franchises across both the digital and physical format using multiple devices for different gaming occasions."

In December, hardware and accessories sales dropped 28 percent and 27 percent, respectively. Total software sales were down 15 percent.

icon11.gif
Source

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
my younger brother was sitting next to me when i opened this thread, as soon as i saw the pic i closed the browser window and hoped that my 10yr bro didnt see anything,but then after i took a peek i realised its just two asian girls (in an awkward pose..) hehe...he...h,
by the way you should have waited till march for the exact results

Reactions: 1 person

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lol to the image... its not candy
its also understandable considering ppl are getting tired of playing the same games hence iOS and android games that mainly focus on simplicity and innovation
and also, ecrisis is a huge factor for many to conserve what they have

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're still in the middle of tough economic times and video games are a pretty expensive entertainment medium, so this isn't all that surprised. Honestly, I'm just happy that the decrease was as small as it was.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
lol to the image... its not candy
its also understandable considering ppl are getting tired of playing the same games hence iOS and android games that mainly focus on simplicity and innovation
and also, ecrisis is a huge factor for many to conserve what they have

Uhh...the results included all of those Android and iOS games, therefore you argument makes no sense.

It's to be expected. The worse the economy gets the more hobbies the people won't be able to support.

Also, inb4 PIRACY CAUSED ALL OF THIS.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the prob is theres hardly no variety in the games these days their all the same or re-hashed from another game even ninty is starting to do it more and more. and 90% of the games made are boring lame run and gun shooters which i am sick and tired of it's no wonder i pirate :creep:

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly i'm getting more enjoyment out of my PS2/DS,of course I don't own a current gen system and don't ever plan to buy one anyway since nothing has drawn me to any of them...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...