VHBL Not working? Or maybe working?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BlackClover, Oct 17, 2016.

1. BlackClover
    OP

BlackClover Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    United States
    So it took all day yesterday and an hour today but I finally have VHBL installed and... maybe working? I'm not sure.

First I guess I should mention I'm running 3.60 with Henkaku? I guess it would just be called 3.60 since Henkaku is a lite homebrew as of now? Or maybe Henkaku is just a homebrew enabler? Not sure.

So I purchased a PSP game off of PSN and downloaded it, followed all the transfer steps and got it running. Now to my three questions.

1. I have VHBL Running. I found a very small list of games/apps/emulators that are known to run on VHBL successfully. Other than trial and error is there any way to know if something will or won't work for VHBL?

2. DOES VHBL RUN AN ACTUAL PSP OFW/CFW or does is it just a homebrew app launcher that only launches non-kernel access apps? (If the answer to the previous question is no/yes, ignore the rest of this question) I understand that apps that require kernel access won't work. So loading an actual CFW on VHBL is impossible? Or only CFW's that require kernel access? If so, is there a specific CFW version (ie 6.60) required? Or if 5.50 Gen-D didn't require kernel access (which it does), would that CFW be able to be loaded? (If so would you just place this where you would normally put 6.60 OFW? Or would it go in the actual PSPEMU>PSP>VHBL folder?)

3. Do different games increase the accessibility of Vita/PSP's loading functions? I.E. Patapon was released on a lower OFW than MHP3rd. So would MHP3rd be a better candidate to use VHBL since the game requires a higher OFW (hence causing a higher level of access to the VHBL program?)

Thanks in advance. Already followed the main henkaku guide listed on the site and I'm having these issues, which is why I'm asking
    Found a small ammount of imformation on the subject.
    Answering my original questions: Kernel access apps won't work (forgot most CFW's needed kernel access)

EDITED: 10/16 10PM EST

Last edited by BlackClover, Oct 17, 2016
  2. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    yes it works well ... with deadlus for n64 games .. but really only mario 64 works perfectly the rest suck 3.60 henakuku

3. Blue24

Blue24 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    Which emulator on vhbl plays mario 64 perfectly?

SuperDan likes this.
  4. SuperDan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    give me about a hour until i get off work and i will send you the info

Blue24 likes this.
  5. SuperDan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    DaedalusX64_art.png okay bro
    this is what i use

VHBL

Daedalus [R1909]

which is a N64 Emulator
    Mario 64 works good with SOUND ON most the others i tried ... Zelda's was Laggy with Sound ON
    BUT With SOUND OFF Zelda &,, ... Most Other ROMS Was At a Playable Level ....

http://www.dashhacks.com/psp/psp-em...09-a-new-n64-emulator-for-sony-portables.html

& im pretty sure you can use the LOCO ROCCO MIDNIGHT CARNIVAL DEMO ....
    From the PSN STORE .. So It's FREE

Last edited by SuperDan, Oct 17, 2016
  6. Blue24

Blue24 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    Nice bro thanks a lot cant wait to try it when i get home

SuperDan likes this.
  7. SuperDan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Glad to help!

Blue24 likes this.
  8. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    1. You can look up what homebrew is compatible on VHBL, but yeah, otherwise trial and error. Even for a particular homebrew, sometimes, a particular version is required as well. If you don't want to waste a lot of time looking for hb, someone has uploaded a VHBL HB pack ready with all files in directories, so you just have to copy paste the whole thing. (I'll link it if I come across it)

2. It is only a homebrew app launcher. I am not sure about what level of access it has, but it is sandboxed in the PSP 'emulator'

3. Nope, there is no logic in that. I currently run VHBL off a free demo game. The game is just and entry for the exploit to enter the PSP environment (At least that's how it works on HENkaku)

Currently, there is very little use of VHBL since it's limitations of being able to run only within the PSP environment and hence limited to its processing power and RAM. Native Vita homebrew will soon render VHBL obsolete (imo it already has).

Don't quote me on any of the info I've mentioned above, its just stuff I've read from here and there, and put together.

Here's the link to that VHBL pack.
    https://github.com/xy2iii/vita-handbook

Last edited by satan89, Oct 17, 2016
    SuperDan likes this.