Hacking Very slow Remote PKG Installer Speeds

Mouseyrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I am downloading files at about 2mbps. Im using ethernet.

I have no idea how I could fix this, if someone could help me that would be amazing

Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never tried remote installs, but it could be the cable or the pc. I know for example that I get kinda low speeds with the ps3, because my pc doesn't have a gigqabit connection like the ps3. however, that speed is like wifi level. sorry I couldn't be much help. you can check the connection speed in network settings iirc in control panel.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, it's not playing games via network or installing, but transferring them to the internal hdd. I get about 10-12MBs on the ps3. I don't know how that measures up to the ps4 or if there's a slower speed since you're installing them (probably not). all install does is create a 1:1 copy of the pkg while also indexing the metadata, so it's actually doing even less than what a ps3 install would do.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once was getting 4MBs from the 360. I'm not sure if it was the cable, but my most recent stint at transferring content to and from the 360 has been the same speed the ps3. the speed is bottlenecked due to my pc, not the cable or the system. I'm not sure if a 360 slim has a giganet connection, but I believe all ps3 models do. ps4 probably does too.

you can tell here:
upload_2020-10-12_22-30-56.png

as you can see, mine is a 10/100 megabit connection, not gigabit.

Mouseyrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My ethernet port is gigabit speed. Think it might be an issue with the HDD in the ps4 since the original one broke and I just chucked in some random hard drive that I found in my cupboard haha

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly. I dunno. though I've never encountered an issue like that. I've never remote installed with the ps4, so you might try just a normal install to see if the speed is good or not. it should be relatively fast. I think rdr 2 took less than 30 minutes with 84GBs.

D

Deleted User

My ethernet port is gigabit speed. Think it might be an issue with the HDD in the ps4 since the original one broke and I just chucked in some random hard drive that I found in my cupboard haha

I doubt it's the PS4 hard drive honestly, it either works or it doesn't in the PS4 it's not going to effect speeds unless it's about to die. If you are having no other issues then it's probably not about to die.

Again I suggest trying the link I gave you and follow the instructions exactly. It is faster to use offline method because it's using straight ethernet vs internet. Ethernet is always faster.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a tutorial on using remote installs in the tutorials section I think. it might be your only choice with 6.72. I don't know if extended storage works or not as I'm still on 5.05. you're installing to the internal hdd, though, right?

D

Deleted User

there's a tutorial on using remote installs in the tutorials section I think. it might be your only choice with 6.72. I don't know if extended storage works or not as I'm still on 5.05. you're installing to the internal hdd, though, right?

I have nothing against you personally but I notice you take too many guesses on things when trying to help people. The tutorial you're talking about is the one I linked. There is no other tutorials for rpi in the tutorial section.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give people every possible cause of an issue. I've done almost every mod to every system, so I do have experience with that. and, I write tutorials as I go through the process so I don't leave anything out. if there's one thing that you should know about me it's that when someone pisses me off I simply do not help the person ever with any system. I become silent.

if I go silent here, that's why.

D

Deleted User

I give people every possible cause of an issue. I've done almost every mod to every system, so I do have experience with that. and, I write tutorials as I go through the process so I don't leave anything out. if there's one thing that you should know about me it's that when someone pisses me off I simply do not help the person ever with any system. I become silent.

None of that is relevent to your post saying "I think there's a tutorial in the tutorial section" when I already posted it. It's just laziness and not helpful.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, not searching for a tutorial would be laziness on the op side. it's not my responsibility to handhold the person throughout. that's why I made my tutorials as noob as possible so questions like that didn't have to be asked or answered. I don't know what your problem is with me, but people like you are the reason I decided to retire from all future scenes. there will also be no more tutorials, because I can't have control over them once they're published. I don't need to be here, but I'm here to help. I give credit to everyone, and I don't try to act like a hacker or a dev, like some people, by using some fancy apps that most people don't know about because they don't bother to read. I am me. if I by chance I get fed up with this sort of treatment, that will be the end for me. I'm no where else but temp. I'll just close my private messaging, then no longer sign in. that's what I did on psx place, so there's now no way anyone on there can contact me. it's very clear why some people quit. I'm just here to help, not be scrutinized for the manner in which I try to. it's now like sticking my hand in a hornet's nest. if I'm going to be attacked for trying to help, why bother?

Reactions: ItsmeAJ

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
insert al azif dns to network settings.
for some unknown reasons without al-azif dns configuration, it seems the game is supposed to get data from pc hard drive but the "downloading" process is taken by data from psn server if your network has internet access.

by doing this directly from pc's lan to ps4 lan or on a no-internet-access gigabit router, you will get ~ 100MB/s transfer rate.

no, not searching for a tutorial would be laziness on the op side. it's not my responsibility to handhold the person throughout. that's why I made my tutorials as noob as possible so questions like that didn't have to be asked or answered. I don't know what your problem is with me, but people like you are the reason I decided to retire from all future scenes. there will also be no more tutorials, because I can't have control over them once they're published. I don't need to be here, but I'm here to help. I give credit to everyone, and I don't try to act like a hacker or a dev, like some people, by using some fancy apps that most people don't know about because they don't bother to read. I am me. if I by chance I get fed up with this sort of treatment, that will be the end for me. I'm no where else but temp. I'll just close my private messaging, then no longer sign in. that's what I did on psx place, so there's now no way anyone on there can contact me. it's very clear why some people quit. I'm just here to help, not be scrutinized for the manner in which I try to. it's now like sticking my hand in a hornet's nest. if I'm going to be attacked for trying to help, why bother?

ignore people like him, or put them to blacklist/ignore list and move on man, he called me a liar when I told him my bad experience with ps4 hard drive got bad sector after getting too much kernel panics at the early stage of 5.05 jailbreak. And that he thought every bad sector caused by panic shutdowns must be reported on gbatemp, lol. He thought gbatemp is the only international place to discuss abt ps4 jailbreaking?

some people like him just don't have exact experiences others have, but when he was told, he doesn't hesitate to call the others liar because of his ignorance.

why wasting your time on them, just press ignore button.

Last edited by ItsmeAJ,

Mouseyrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
insert al azif dns to network settings.
for some unknown reasons without al-azif dns configuration, it seems the game is supposed to get data from pc hard drive but the "downloading" process is taken by data from psn server if your network has internet access.

by doing this directly from pc's lan to ps4 lan or on a no-internet-access gigabit router, you will get ~ 100MB/s transfer rate.

ignore people like him, or put them to blacklist/ignore list and move on man, he called me a liar when I told him my bad experience with ps4 hard drive got bad sector after getting too much kernel panics at the early stage of 5.05 jailbreak. And that he thought every bad sector caused by panic shutdowns must be reported on gbatemp, lol. He thought gbatemp is the only international place to discuss abt ps4 jailbreaking?

some people like him just don't have exact experiences others have, but when he was told, he doesn't hesitate to call the others liar because of his ignorance.

why wasting your time on them, just press ignore button.

Sadly still getting same speeds, even tried the offline version Forgot recommended. Was able to get the speed up to 30mbits by using the homebrew store FTP. Even tried to transferring from my laptop but still getting the same speeds

Gonna order a new ethernet cable, hopefully that will help a bit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn