Homebrew Very silly problem with VBAGX

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt the following problem is because of something of the Wii, probably the SD card but:

I have a 4.2 Wii [came that way], hacked it, installed starfall (or something like priiloader), bought a 16 GB lexar SDHC card and for what ever reason when I run a game like Circle Of the Moon or Aria Of sorrow and save it seems to save fine but than if I exit the emulator and reenter my save is gone. Why?

Basically I can't save using VBAGX, it IS the latest, my PS1 emulator saves fine, I have not tried Tantrics' other emulators, or any other emulators in general as i'm waiting to get a USB hardrive to have more space for games . . . . . .

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might sound silly....in the settings is the save setting set to sd? then again dont snapshots work?

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure saving is set to SD, I can exit the game and renter and i'll be able to get back to my game. Dobutful but could be that I have 4.2 and not 4.1 or below.. . .

Could also be I might be using old save files and should start a new.

BuffaloBill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the save file matches the rom file name. Also, I have had a lot of bad experience with the saves for all the emulators so far, really recommend just doing the save states if possible.

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still seem to get this even with 3.2 or what ever Tantric recently released. How could the file name never match the save file name? I played some FF 6 (VI Advance), got the mines to save, turned the Wii off, went back a few minutes later and I have to start a new game.

Save states a hassle because too many, recalling the date and time the game was last played.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
I still seem to get this even with 3.2 or what ever Tantric recently released. How could the file name never match the save file name? I played some FF 6 (VI Advance), got the mines to save, turned the Wii off, went back a few minutes later and I have to start a new game.

Save states a hassle because too many, recalling the date and time the game was last played.
Just save over your last save state. Oh yeah, 500th post!
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

dlf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games keep their save, some don't, that just seems random. Dawn of souls will, I think the DKC games will but others won't. I'm sure that save file name is the same as the actual ROM file name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "Impossible he memorized every book on the planet..." +1