MetalGenocide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings all
smile.gif

I am recently trying to upgrade an r4i-sdhc card (8gig sd, red box, wifi enabled little star with 1.4.1 in it) to 1.4.3 so it works with the new DSi software. However, when trying to update it via a DSLite, it always stops with the message,
"Verifying Fail! Please change or re-format the SD card."

I'm tried change and re-formatting cards, but it still give the same message
frown.gif

I have been searching the net for any sign of this error but to no avail.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

-MG

MetalGenocide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, well, I tried using the ones from r4-r4i.co.uk which is where i bought it, and one from r4i-sdhc.com

If its a 'wrong update' problem, I could probably just cycle through all the updates and such.

Oh, and i do think it is a clone (little square bump thing on the back).

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
MetalGenocide said:
If its a 'wrong update' problem, I could probably just cycle through all the updates and such.

If you do so, some might work (by work I mean start updating), but then they'll brick your card possibly forever.

You should check on the website written on the box of your R4.

You probably also got an old stock non-updatable, you should send an email to your seller since he's probably the best person to tell you what you got and how update it.

spricer

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi!

Could you please share the link where you downloaded the "right" update. I have the exact same problem ... Verifying failed! Grrr... My NDSi is on Ver 1.4.3E already and I borrowed an older NDSi just to flash the R4i-SDHC V1.4.2 with the new firmware and now all I see is this stupid error.

Maybe the problem is the FW on the NDSi that I'm trying to make the upgrade on - it's an old Ver 1.3E?!

Any help would be appreciated.

TNX

MetalGenocide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I updated mine on a DSLite, using the download from:

http://www.r4i-r4.co.uk/pages/R4i-SDHC-Sof...e-Download.html

(direct link : http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4i%20V1.42b%20English.zip )

NOTE : Those links are for R4i-SDHC (red box)

Just copy the contents of the zip over (you can keep your skins as they do not affect the upgrade)
and proceed via normal.

Though as mentioned earlier, each cart has its own updates, and using the wrong one may cause your cart to become blocked permanently, so best bet for the 'right' update for your cart is the site where you bought it from, under downloads > R4i-SDHC usually.

Hope it helps.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
MetalGenocide said:
Hmm, well, I tried using the ones from r4-r4i.co.uk which is where i bought it, and one from r4i-sdhc.com

Oh, and i do think it is a clone (little square bump thing on the back).

Anything bearing the name 'R4' is a clone now-a-days. Seeing as how the original company was forced to close years ago, I don't think we'll see a genuine R4 cart...

tiggerlator

Trophies
XP
Country
Those red box r4i sdhc cards are not really that bad for a so called "shitty" clone. Mine was fine in the time i had it, though i do have a ak 2i now.

spricer

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Thanks for the link but I already tried that one. It is the first version from r4i-sdhc.com that works with 1.43 DSi and I get the same result as with the latest one V1.4.3b - FAIL
cry.gif

I'm thinking that maybe the console that I'm doing the upgrade on is the problem - It is Ver 1.3E and I think I read somewhere that it has to be 1.4, 1.41 or 1.42. Can anybody confirm this?

spricer

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hi!

I didn't think it's necessary to post the pics since it is the exact same card in red box from www.r4i-sdhc.com that the topic was about in the first place.

Anyway ... I posted a question also to their support and got this answer:

"Several customers feedbacked the same problem.We will fix it soon."

So I guess I'm out of luck at the moment
frown.gif

Br

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mchief298 said:
Anything bearing the name 'R4' is a clone now-a-days. Seeing as how the original company was forced to close years ago, I don't think we'll see a genuine R4 cart...

Yes and no. Technically you won't be able to buy a new R4 from the team, but how big was the original supply before the company went under? It could be possible that they made quite a few carts before the events with Nintendo came up. I've compared my R4 with one that was bought when R4 was still up and running and the build is identical. Anything else than the original R4 DS is a clone, but not sure about the "original" version :3

-Qtis

ps. The R4 isn't good for anything else except DS/DSL. Other clones work on the DSi, but I won't go into them since I don't own one
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.