Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-Shop require Sig Patch

imsad2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this topic has been discussed many, many times on the forum, but all of them had explanations that didn't really work for me.

My hacked Wii U has Haxchi installed on it, and my config file(for Haxchi) uses default=sysmenu and I set the A button to launch HBL. My firmware version is 5.5.5, which is the latest firmware update(at the time of writing) for Wii U.

This error only occurs when I try to install Virtual Console games or DLCs via WUP GX2 Installer. Also, please don't just tell me to use Mocha. Haxchi has it's own CFW called HaxchiFW, and because I'm a lazy sausage, I don't really want to install another CFW and want to stick with HaxchiFW. The only problem is I don't know how to use HaxchiFW, so does anyone have viable knowledge to help me?

Thank you in advance.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the right way to set up your config.txt. let haxchi go back to the home menu by selecting it (don't push any buttons), then go back to it and hold A to get into the homebrew launcher. go to wup installer gx2 and try to install the games. this is a legit ds title, right? one of the things to remember is that only content that's eshop related requires sig patches (not sure if that includes installing it or not though), but playing it, yes.

Reactions: imsad2

imsad2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's the right way to set up your config.txt. let haxchi go back to the home menu by selecting it (don't push any buttons), then go back to it and hold A to get into the homebrew launcher. go to wup installer gx2 and try to install the games. this is a legit ds title, right? one of the things to remember is that only content that's eshop related requires sig patches (not sure if that includes installing it or not though), but playing it, yes.
Yes, I do have a legit DS VC game. I'll try your tactic.
Once again, thank you in advance.
Now I'm off to Wii U USB Helper.

Reactions: godreborn

imsad2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. it worked. Thanks a bunch.
Mods, you can lock this topic now.

Reactions: godreborn

uSpooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When I do this, my WiiU is stuck on the Wii U Menu screen infinitely loading. I have followed all the steps provided and I get stuck on the loafing screen. I press and hold A until the Wii U Menu comes up and it just stays.

imsad2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I do this, my WiiU is stuck on the Wii U Menu screen infinitely loading. I have followed all the steps provided and I get stuck on the loafing screen. I press and hold A until the Wii U Menu comes up and it just stays.
Have you checked your Haxchi config file on your SD card? It usually tells what you need to press to load the Homebrew Channel or CFW. If your config says
Code:
a=SD:/apps/homebrew_launcher.elf
or something like that, then you need to hold A to load HBL(Homebrew Launcher). If it says the same thing except
Code:
A
is replaced with
Code:
, then you needn't press anything when loading Haxchi to go into HBL.

Reactions: uSpooky

uSpooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you checked your Haxchi config file on your SD card? It usually tells what you need to press to load the Homebrew Channel or CFW. If your config says
Code:
or something like that, then you need to hold A to load HBL(Homebrew Launcher). If it says the same thing except
Code:
A
is replaced with
Code:
Alrighty, I'll have a quick look at it and I will reply on the result of it, thank you for the help!

Reactions: imsad2

uSpooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Code:
Code:
A
is replaced with
Code:
Ok so it says default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

That means I don't need to press anything? Am I able to replace default with a button like A?

imsad2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so it says default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

That means I don't need to press anything? Am I able to replace default with a button like A?
Yes, you don't need to press anything to load HBL. And yes, you can replace default with A, but from what I've heard you have to reinstall Haxchi, which is kind of tedious so I don't recommend it.

To load the CFW search for a line that ends with "=sysmenu". The button attributed to it, when held while loading Haxchi will load the CFW and add sig patches to the software that need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse