Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Plz nanook, what are you talking about?
Could you try to rephrase so that noobs also can follow?^^

I wonder if you have an Idea of how to set up the icon.brlyt to enable 2 Icons with size of 128x96
but also show the right Picture in the Wiis Channel Management.
I use a modded icon.brlyt ( http://www.mediafire.com/file/3tlhzm0ihxy/icon.brlyt ) with 2 "big" pictures, but in channel management I only see a Questionmark.
Any help on that one?

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
nanook said:
After a few experiments I conclude that you only need pad the icon.brlyt to a 16 byte boundary, then add a further 16 bytes. I'm sure this is the blank line of nulls HowardC talked about. Every Icon.brlyt I have tried (4 of them) has required this (and has had distorted graphics without it).

I have only tested with ISO opening.bnr files no channels (wiiware/vc)

Cheers,
Nanook

so the icon.brlyt should not be bigger then 32 bytes? i'll try that in the next c64 injection with disorted image...

nanook

Trophies
Website
www.scorehero.com
XP
Country
Sorry for not explaining well...

Before I re-create the icon.bin with u8tool9.0 I open the icon.brlyt file. I pad it with 00 bytes to the next 16 byte boundary, so that the *total* file size is divisable by 16. Then I add a further 16 bytes of 00 bytes (this does not always make it divisable by 32, I was wrong about that).

If your hex editor is displaying 16 bytes per row (as most do) you can talk in lines. In which case, it could be explained as, pad the file to the end of the current line, then add a blank line.

Sorry WiiShizzza, I don't know anything about editing the icon.brlyt other than padding it. I'm new to this.

Hope this helps,
Nanook

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Nanook - please get in touch with us on mIRC regarding TheGHOST and opening.bnr files. I'm sure we have information to share with you and that you would be able to answer some of my questions regarding GH customs.

Maybe this will help whet your appetite:

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out the compression method for the lz77_emanual.arc!! Just messing around, I tried wwpacker15 with the command line

wwcxtool /u lz77_emanual.arc emanual.arc

Then I just used the u8tool to open emanual.arc and it worked! So far I've extracted the PAL Castlevania III manual and the US Clu Clu Land. All current US and PAL emanuals are compressed in this way. Although, Japanese ones are still uncompressed as evidenced by Wonder Boy in Monster Land which was just released last week on Japan's VC.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HowardC just to ask, would it be possible for you to fix the support for save icon/banner injections apart from Nes? As the program crashes and exits when trying to inject into other wads which don't use 00000001.app and use instead 00000005.app. (i.e SNES wads)

Many thanks....

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey need a bit of help, been playing about with u8tool and its great, and managed to inject games, change banners etc no problem.

However i have recently tried editing the manual for alex kidd (iv inserted the hamburgered version of the rom and have edited the manual accordingly, but when i try to pack the manual, it gives me an error . I have managed to pack all other components fine
frown.gif
updated icon, year and the rom of course

"Runtime error 9 - Subscript out of range." is the error im getting. Iv also tried packing it with older tools u8coes and u8pack and and they produce an error also. Has anyone else had any success with this game or other master system manuals?

could it be anything to do with the naming of the file? "man.arc.zlib" i have to renamed it to *.arc before it will load but it seems to extract fine, but why wont it pack? is there a limit on the directory depth maybe? i just extracted the ccf and like i said the rom can be replaced easily.

I really want to have a complete version of the "burgered" alex kidd as it was the version i remember as a littleun
smile.gif

Cheers in advance guys
smile.gif

Edit

and heres the updated manual bits (only 3 files) if someone better than this can me is able to add it to the manual, maybe im just being a tard

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygyonnjmiyt

Cheers
smile.gif

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootmonster said:
hey need a bit of help, been playing about with u8tool and its great, and managed to inject games, change banners etc no problem.

However i have recently tried editing the manual for alex kidd (iv inserted the hamburgered version of the rom and have edited the manual accordingly, but when i try to pack the manual, it gives me an error . I have managed to pack all other components fine
frown.gif
updated icon, year and the rom of course

"Runtime error 9 - Subscript out of range." is the error im getting. Iv also tried packing it with older tools u8coes and u8pack and and they produce an error also. Has anyone else had any success with this game or other master system manuals?

could it be anything to do with the naming of the file? "man.arc.zlib" i have to renamed it to *.arc before it will load but it seems to extract fine, but why wont it pack? is there a limit on the directory depth maybe? i just extracted the ccf and like i said the rom can be replaced easily.

I really want to have a complete version of the "burgered" alex kidd as it was the version i remember as a littleun
smile.gif

Cheers in advance guys
smile.gif

Edit

and heres the updated manual bits (only 3 files) if someone better than this can me is able to add it to the manual, maybe im just being a tard

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygyonnjmiyt

Cheers
smile.gif

In my experience that error means one of the folders you are trying to pack is empty. I don't know why that's not allowed, but it isn't.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kmclaugh said:
When using the VC save injector for SNES, whenever I choose the 01.app, it crashes with a run-time error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument. Am I doing something wrong?

What wad are you imjecting into? its possible your 01.app is LZ77 compressed. Also it simple just to edit snes save text with hex edit

kmclaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shell.cas.usf.edu
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
kmclaugh said:
When using the VC save injector for SNES, whenever I choose the 01.app, it crashes with a run-time error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument. Am I doing something wrong?

What wad are you imjecting into? its possible your 01.app is LZ77 compressed. Also it simple just to edit snes save text with hex edit

Ok I'll give both of those ideas a shot.

One other question. The NES wads that I injected do not resume properly, but work in every other way. If I exit a game and come back to it later, I have to reset it. I followed Orangechicken's tutorial. Any ideas?

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just checking in. No I haven't abandoned the project, it's just working on it non stop for 4 months go on my nerves and I'm taking a break. I will resume work after I crack open left 4 dead and finish it. (Last of my xmas gift titles.)

I skimmed the posts since I left.... something about a new compressor. Also some results pretaining to the corrupted banner issues? You guys can summarize for me.

I've actually forgotten my place..... I think I was working on the rom injector when I left and of course we were having banner problems as usual.

Anyway, I'll probably be march or late this month when I stop in again, I'm just letting you know all is well.
smile.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So nice to see you back HowardC. Your tools are still a must for a lot of VC stuff, and you definitely deserve a break. BTW, I was eager to get some more info on TurboGrafix-16 CD version VC, You seemed to have made some great progress with that
smile.gif

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The various converters for tg16 are done and have been done for quite some time. The thing is it's a very confusing, 8 or 9 step process, depending upon your source image. I never released it because I'm integrating it into the rom injector in such a way that all you have to know is it's a tg-16 game and the injector will figure out the rest. That will be the first thing I start on when I come back.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
Hey guys, just checking in. No I haven't abandoned the project, it's just working on it non stop for 4 months go on my nerves and I'm taking a break. I will resume work after I crack open left 4 dead and finish it. (Last of my xmas gift titles.)

I skimmed the posts since I left.... something about a new compressor. Also some results pretaining to the corrupted banner issues? You guys can summarize for me.

I've actually forgotten my place..... I think I was working on the rom injector when I left and of course we were having banner problems as usual.

Anyway, I'll probably be march or late this month when I stop in again, I'm just letting you know all is well.
smile.gif

The issues have been about the corrupt icon banners. I use the U8V9 to pack the Master System 00.app and U8V8 to pack the Mega Drive and SNES 00.app. Using the reverse cause the icon banner to display the image corrupted.

Speaking of the U8 Tool, can it be used to pack the manual? It unpacked a US Manual it fine but didn't want to pack it.

The Save Inject doesn't always like to display the save text when you open the file. It injects fine know. Also it doesn't like adding two lines in the SNES Save banner.

You were working on the Rom Injector and adding in the different Turbo CD compression types. Plus you figured out how to inject any size NES rom. The one problem you will need to look into is the newer SNES roms (since Mario RPG) have the rom compressed.

Glad you haven't abandoned the project. Your tools are still useful to use and here's an old youtube video of four Genesis WAD Injects.

I don't think I've posted this in the topic. If I have... oops! ^^'

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, repairing the u8tool for icons shouldn't be terribly difficult then. All we'll have to do is compare the icon v8 makes vs v9 and figure out what the difference is between the master system icons and the others.

Yes u8, in theory should handle anything barring an archive with wierd compression. I have been getting various reports that unusual archives aren't packing though with version 9. But that requires a lot of comparing archvies to figure out. The one issue though is that I added a few crude hacks to fix issues to vc-specific problems and they might be giving non vc-related archives trouble.

One thing I noticed that gally's tools does (for some unknown reason) is it reverses the folder order for it's archives, making the timg folder first. This might solve issues and I can implement this fairly easily.

I've already started adding compression support to the rom manger so that shouldn't be an issue.

The save injector issues are probably more of a typo thing than an actual code problem thing. I spent a lot of time on the functions, not so much on the interface. I THINK I had fixed snes dual line issues before I left, I just didn't release it.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, we are back in business!

I upated the u8tool to 9.5...this fixes the broken command-line support and pretty much nothing else.
smile.gif

Once nanook comes back I'll make a proper v10 release with his findings implemented.

I'll look at the rom manager later this week and figure out what I still have left to do, then I can fix the bugs you guys found.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at the rom manager this evening and I'm pleased to say that it's just about ready for release! I have just a few more things to add and a rather lengthy readme to churn out but all the general functions are there and yes, that does include tg-cd injection!

Keep in mind when I release it though that aside form the tg-16 stuff this thing has had NO testing so I can almost guarantee you that some of the functions won't work propery.

Also I found a bug that effects the speed of unpacking files with the u8tool so 9.6 will be released sometime tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: ok