Hacking VC Mario Kart 64 can't load?

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'll cut to the chase.

I used to be able to play Mario Kart 64 on the virtual console after installing the wad through wad installer. However, after making my wii a virgin by using both cios downgrader and ios downgrader and then upgrading to system menu 4.0 through Waninkoko's firmware updater I can no longer play this game. Once I install the wad with wad installer I try to access it on my system menu. After pressing load game from the channel the screen goes black and sends me right back to the system menu. I can't figure out what is wrong. This type of error looks like I am missing an IOS but I can't think of any IOS i am missing since I used Wiiscu and Waninkoko's system update 4.0. I should mentions that I don't have this problem with Kirby 64 nor Icarian. Any ideas why this is happening?

My Wii has the following things:

Bootmii as Boot2
Homebrew channel
Installed Wiiscu with trucha
Installed Waninkoko's 4.0 firmware updater
Hermius cios (222 and 223)
Cios ver. 13
new usb2 cios (necessary for the laters version of mplayer)
system menu 4.0

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
run TitleLister and then you'll be able to see wich IOS it ask for and if you have it or not, check also if the preloader patches about region free are enabled, cause I haven't seen one single person saying they work, and for me these patches even make my Wii to wont recognize retail disc, so I never enable them...!!
smile.gif

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply, I actually do not have preloader installed and I never installed any hacks so that is a non issue for sure. I will try using titlelister to see if this helps. The honest truth is that I have never heard of this program before... How exactly should I use it. I consider myself medium to advanced in wii hacking so I am comfortable getting into the nitty-gritty if I need to
rolleyes.gif

update: Looks like I have all the ios i need... This is very strange. I reinstalled all the ios versions with the trucha bug through Wiiscu and I still have the same problem. Do you think I should try reinstalling Waninkoko's system menu update 4.0?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well it wouldn't hurt to try the wanky's updater, but I recomend you install bootmii as boot2 (if you can) and preloader ASAP, check out wiibrew.org to know more about this apps...!!
smile.gif

udo4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not a fan of preloader but bootmii is already installed as boot 2 (thank god!!!)
biggrin.gif

I was thinking, another possibility is that the Wad for mario kart simply didn't install properly. I will try to reinstall it before doing anything else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup