Hacking VC and Wii Ware not working with SD channel...

Dead End

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i install a VC/Wii ware WAD and put it onto the SD card for the SD Menu,
Every Time I open the SD menu it Freezes and when i try to move the VC and Wiiware
back to the main menu it tries to load bannerbomb and im pretty sure i took it off... Help?

I Have Wii menu 4.1U

EDIT: do i need a whole new SD card for vc/wii ware? or can i use the one w/ all my homebrew apps on it?

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rename the Private folder on the root of your sd card, it is still the bannerbomb folder this will cause your symptoms.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
amasseburg said:
If I rename it the Wii ware & Virtual Consoles don't show up...

Click the private folder (the that you use Bannerbomb) on your computer (SD card inserted), click the Wii folder, copy everything except the 'aktn' folder to the newly renamed private folder. Then use your Wii, go to the SD Card Menu to see what happends...

B

BryceOne

antonkan said:
amasseburg said:
If I rename it the Wii ware & Virtual Consoles don't show up...

Click the private folder (the that you use Bannerbomb) on your computer (SD card inserted), click the Wii folder, copy everything except the 'aktn' folder to the newly renamed private folder. Then use your Wii, go to the SD Card Menu to see what happends...
Actually, it might be easier (and quicker) to just copy the AKTN folder to new temp folder, rather than copying all the WiiWare over.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On your sd card there should be a directory that goes something like SD:\private\wii\title\a bunch of folders with different random letters for names. DELETE the one that says aktn completely. The other folders are the title ID's for whatever other VC/wiiware games or game saves are on the card.

Also what the person above was getting at. If you haven't patched IOS60 yet with the shop installer or dop-IOS or something, you won't be able to play installed wads from the sd card menu anyways. So after you delete that bannerbomb folder, use dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check if you haven't already.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
amasseburg said:
It works but when loading a game, it says "Unable to load"
If you can access the channels now that you've removed bannerbomb. Then you need to patch IOS60. Which enables pirated/homebrew wads to be launched.

D

Deleted-119707

yea you need to a patched ios60. i think theres a guide in the ultimate4.0/1 guide.

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a very similar problem.

I'm on a soft-modded 4.1U Wii and have Bootmii as Boot2 and PreLoader as well (which means that I already have patched IOS60).

I have moved the Nintendo channel, vote channel, and Check Mii out channel to the SD Card Menu ( Check Mii Out is the only one working without wfc24 on. I'd love any help or knowledge pertaining to getting around the WFC24 error as I've read multiple times that having it enabled on a soft-modded Wii is dangerous.)

I also have moved a number of Wiiware games and VC games to the SD Card Menu to conserve Wii disk space for channels and games that I frequent.

The Wii Channels actually load the only problem with them is the WFC24 problem. The Wiiware games and VC games, however, go to the launching screen and without any progress give the message failed to launch.

Any ideas? Thanks.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
nihon6 said:

I'm on a soft-modded 4.1U Wii and have Bootmii as Boot2 and PreLoader as well (which means that I already have patched IOS60).

I have moved the Nintendo channel, vote channel, and Check Mii out channel to the SD Card Menu ( Check Mii Out is the only one working without wfc24 on. I'd love any help or knowledge pertaining to getting around the WFC24 error as I've read multiple times that having it enabled on a soft-modded Wii is dangerous.)

I also have moved a number of Wiiware games and VC games to the SD Card Menu to conserve Wii disk space for channels and games that I frequent.

The Wii Channels actually load the only problem with them is the WFC24 problem. The Wiiware games and VC games, however, go to the launching screen and without any progress give the message failed to launch.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Just use Dop-IOS to install a trucha bugged version of the IOS 60.

nihon6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
nihon6 said:

Any ideas? Thanks.

Just use Dop-IOS to install a trucha bugged version of the IOS 60.

I already have a trucha bugged IOS60 because I installed PreLoader.
I can run VC and Wiiware off of the System Menu but not my SD Card Menu.

QUOTE(dai-a @ Oct 24 2009, 04:39 PM)
Just use DOP IOS to download and install IOS60 and Sig hash check it.

So you can run VC games.

I already have a trucha bugged IOS60 because I installed PreLoader.
I can run VC and Wiiware off of the System Menu but not my SD Card Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol