VbaGX doesnt load saved games in wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Akerhage, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Akerhage
    OP

Akerhage Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2012
    I have downloaded Vba Gx to my wii and some pokemon games. When pressing the "home"-button on the remote there are options to save. If I create a new save and then try to load it, the game starts from the very beginning. Is this a common behaviour?

If I do save a "snapshot" it seems that I can load the game from that state. Is this the correct way to save maybe?

Also, Nintendo DS Emulator, that one isnt really able to run on the wii I presume? Games seems to be running extremly slow and un-playable. Is the wii hardware not strong enough to run those games?

My GF wants to play pokemon, which pokemon games should I get for her? :)

2. Tantric

Tantric GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2007
    Canada
    This may be a bit confusing to explain but...

For the RAM save option, you need to save in the game first. That option is just capturing the in-game memory, emulating how the real GBA works. Just like on the GBA, if you don't save in-game, you'll lose your progress. Which is why people like to have the snapshot option, which is like closing the lid on your GBA without shutting it off.

3. boomario

boomario Nothing to say here.

Oct 31, 2012
    Brazil
    Lets put in parts:

1° What you trying to save at first probably its SRAM save (or something like), that one normal users don't need to care about.
    2° The Snapshot save its same as Save State, so it will save/load in EXACTLY the part you did that last time.
    3° Also you can use normal game save, in menu, its works as well...
    4° The Wii Hardware can't handle DS emulators, so its better you forget that, at least for a while.
    5° For GBA pokémons i recommend Firered/Leafgreen (Its basically same game), Ruby/Sapphire, or even Emerald (if i recall correctly its a ruby/sapphire remake)

If i said something wrong please tell me :lol: