Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, no thread about Vanquish? GBAtemp must REALLY hate playing real games. The game is repetitive? Boo hoo, all fps and most TPS are the same. It's too short? I'll explain about that in a sec. No replay value? There's 5 difficulty modes, a challenge mode, and an online scoreboard. Tons of replay value.

The story sucks, but they made it terrible on purpose. Why? It's just how Mikami rolls. God Hand really comes to mind.

The game is actually about 8-12 hours, because whenever you die, you get the option to go back to the last checkpoint, or the beginning of the mission. The game does not keep track of the time you wasted from dying, and thus feels like a shorter amount of time that it should be. Took me nearly an hour to beat this one part of Act 1 (I'm playing on hard mode) and it says that I spend 20 minutes on it.

You're not supposed to take cover in the game. In fact, at the score screen, it even penalizes you if you take cover too much. There's also an enemy that pretends to be a cover but actually attacks you.

Make use of the boost, bullet time, and melee attacks. Don't forget that every weapon has a different melee attack. Using a melee attack drain's Sam's suit dry, but if it didn't take drain it fully, you'd be extremely overpowered and would be spamming it. Protip. The Disc Launcher gun's melee attack does not drain Sam's suit.

Don't call this a Gears rip off because the game wants you to take as little cover as possible. It should also be mentioned Gears isn't the original TPS that came up with the idea of having chest high walls.

When you actually do take cover, grab a cigarette via L2. Not only does it regenerates the suit faster, (hah) Sam throws it into the air after he's done smoking. What does that do? It actually gets the attention of the enemy, and they actually shoot at it. There's an achievement/trophy for killing enemies while they're distracted.

Enjoy.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heh i'm still doubting to get the game cuz 60€ is a pretty steep price, played the demo and liked it though so i might wait until the price gets a little lower and buy it then! but first,! fallout new vegas tomorrow

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you just rant about and dispute comments that don't actually exist yet?

Anyways, I plan on one day checking the game out.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raikiri said:
heh i'm still doubting to get the game cuz 60€ is a pretty steep price, played the demo and liked it though so i might wait until the price gets a little lower and buy it then! but first,! fallout new vegas tomorrow

ojsinnerz.

Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so tired of hearing the old, "It's not a long game s it's not good" complaint. If E.T. on the Atari was 340 hours, would it make it any better? Of course not. Is Contra on the NES a bad game because you can beat it in 20 minutesm of course not. Same goes for Vanquish. It's a great game you play over and over again. The idea that "once the I beat it once it's all over" is a bit ignorant in my opinion. Enjoy the game, simple as that.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
my 2 lipas (an Croatian equivalent of cent)

got it yesterday..

to any of you tempers out there that has an ps3.. this is a must have..was a bit skeptic about it ,but its like I sad awesome, you can feel pno3,bangai,power rangers even a bit of metal gear series mech design n shit,it'll make your eyes bleed after a while but its great!

cheap story,generically designed characters,great camera angles,shitload of bullets and all in probably 60fps...

its a bit hard if you're drunk but its still awesome

so go buy / rent play!

cheers !

edit: after a boss fight had to add power rangers
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.