JPdensetsu

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Square Enix unveils a new trailer of Valkyrie Profile DS scheduled October 30 for the Nintendo DS in Japan.

Boxart:
w2d5ye.jpg

thanks to DS-scene for the news
biggrin.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't wait for this. I enjoyed a lot the original Valkyire Profile, even if it could be even better.

It seems it even retains the battle system from the first one
smile.gif
Great.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how the battle system is going to be. It might include parts of VP2's, where you have the 3D battlefield and you move around to attack the enemy (and then it shifts to VP1's battle system with the buttons and junk), and instead of every fighter having a number of attacks based on their current weapon, AP is used for determining how many times you get to attack (and weapons give you up to three attacks that you can swap to any order, and will limit you before you break the attack limit and double your AP consumption).

Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

To clarify.

VP1: Attack enemy in field to initiate turn-based combat in a separate screen. Any one character can attack up to three times in a single round as per their weapon. Mages using Soul Crushes will have to wait a little bit to recast. Etc.
VP2: Attack enemy in field to move to a 3D free-roam battlefield, where you move with your characters in a formation. When you attack the enemy in this screen, your available team can attack any number of times provided you have the AP for it (and depending on the enemy's positioning, they will be unable to counterattack, meaning you can down a Charge Break and continue this). AP starts at 100 and will decrease when any one character does an attack, so the bar is for the entire party. Mages have no charge time, and can spam Soul Crushes/Great Magic if the energy meter goes that high.

Hee.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for this one. I never played Valkyrie Profile before though.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
Looks good. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for this one. I never played Valkyrie Profile before though.
Do it! Though regrettably, VP1 is fucking hard to find unless you want to shell out tons of money, VP2 is increasing in rare-ness, and VP1PSP needs...well, a PSP. Of course, the games are an experience to be had, oh yes.

*is a fan, can't tell?*

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if it's getting a Japanese release of October, we may be able to expect an English release around late Spring/Summer. Just going off of what we've come to expect anymore. If it's a Winter release, I'll be stunned.

I wonder why this couldn't be Valkyrie Profile: Hrist though. Who wouldn't want a game with the resident bitch and hardass of the three as the main character?
biggrin.gif
Though, Silmeria did do quite a bit to the Hrist we see in Lenneth...She was actually somewhat LIKABLE in that game! D:

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
Anakir said:
Do it! Though regrettably, VP1 is fucking hard to find unless you want to shell out tons of money, VP2 is increasing in rare-ness, and VP1PSP needs...well, a PSP. Of course, the games are an experience to be had, oh yes.

*is a fan, can't tell?*

I have the second one for PS2 so far, never touched it though. Is the first one for PS2 as well? I'll just get a bootlegged version if I can't find it.. or I'll just get a PSP 'cause I've been wanting one for a long time.

JPdensetsu

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Anakir said:
Doomsday Forte said:
Anakir said:

*is a fan, can't tell?*

I have the second one for PS2 so far, never touched it though. Is the first one for PS2 as well? I'll just get a bootlegged version if I can't find it.. or I'll just get a PSP 'cause I've been wanting one for a long time.
The ps2 game sucks. It was in 2D =(

TossGirl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Valkyrie Profile is a pretty tough game to beat though. >_< I never beaten it, but gotten close. I can't wait until this game comes out, I was thinking about a Valkyrie game for the DS the other day..

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
VP1 for PS1, and it has rivaled Suikoden II in price on eBay for a while now. Less-so because of the PSP release I guess.

At the very least, you should play them in release order because VP2 will spoil some of VP1 near the end, and you'll notice a lot more stuff/appreciate them if you've played the other game first. =P That, and the battle system takes some getting used to, as it's not like anything I had encountered in RPGs at the time.

The problem with VP1 is that the story is...well, very weak until the final stages of the game, which you can only get the best ending if you work towards it--chances are you won't accidentally end up with it. The normal ending out and out sucks (for story). The best ending is the best for story content too, and it puts a little bit more playtime into the game as well. Not to mention, it's just that much better.
biggrin.gif

If you do end up with VP1 and are marginally interested in playing through twice (which you definitely should anyway because of the character combinations you can use and stuff), start a Normal game and play normally. Don't look at guides, just press on and stuff. Second time through, start a Hard game and aim for the A ending. The only difference in Hard is that every character that joins starts at level 1, there are different dungeons (hence the incentive to play through twice), and there are "useless" items you can pick up that work in the postgame area.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Orc said:
DieForIt said:
The ps2 game sucks. It was in 2D =(
Wow, that's a good point.
Uh........ the first was totally 2D, I don't think it was even using polygons except for the overworld. The 2nd one, I've played a bit, the graphics are 3D at least, and the overworld I think is 3D, battle system was the same as the first I think, or very similar. Forgot... I gotta get around to playing em. Still gotta beat the 1st one, think I got through at least half... I hope this one comes out in english, if not, someone translates it.

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you ask me, I don't think this game is as awesome as it could be. I mean those graphics are just subpar compared to new DS release titles. Hoipefully Square Enix will up the graphics a lil bit. Otherwise I don't think its worth buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1