Valhalla Knights 3 Release Date Revealed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Foxi4, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    [​IMG]
    After hearing that SEGA is not planning to release "Phantasy Star Nova" in the West, PSVita gamers became increasingly concerned about the fate of other localizations of games from the land of cherry blossom. Fear not, weeaboo of the West - "Valhalla Knights 3" is making its way westwards as scheduled, courtesy of XSEED, along with the great majority of the free downloadable content for the game.​
    So, what can we expect from this release that's different than the original? A competitive multiplayer mode in which your party faces off against the party of the enemy player (character parties can have up to seven characters) which works not only in Ad-Hoc mode like the Japanese release but also Online over PSN. As far as DLC is concerned, outside of a couple licensed cross-over costumes which did not make it to the western release, the game is for the most part identical to its Japanese counterpart.​
    It's also worth noting that North American users received a pre-release treat - you can now download the original "Valhalla Knights" for free, no strings attached.​
    The game is scheduled to be released in Europe on October 23rd and already launched in the North America on October 15th.​

:arrow: Source

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Could you imagine if it didn't get localized? That'd be a Valhalla Knightmare.

Oh what, it's October. I get to make the "Knightmare" joke at least once, don't I? It's in the Constitution!

3. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    To be fair, this is mostly about the European release. If the Internet doesn't fail me, North American gamers got it October 15th, so it'd be pretty knightmarish if an already translated game wasn't released over here as well. :P

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I bought the US version from 666media on amazon UK. Euro is only getting a digital release! Game is around 900mb iirc.

5. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Valhalla Knights has been free for like a month now, but I still don't install it, so IDK much about the game. but localizations are never a bad thing.

Foxi4 likes this.
  6. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I thought the first was pretty decent so maybe I'll pick this up when it's cheaper. Probably a Black Friday sale.

7. Foxi4
    OP

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Yep, it was made free at the beginning of this month in order to promote this release, but I figured that perhaps not everyone is aware of that, so I mentioned it. Freebies are always welcome, are they not? :D

Sakitoshi likes this.
  8. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I still heard kinda shitty things about Valhalla Knights but as Foxi said, free is free so might as well try it.

And who knows maybe another release will turn things around.

Sakitoshi likes this.