Hacking V3.3U, cannot install WADs.

Riva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had decided to install 0.3 backuploader and did so sucessfully, however now I cannot install any wads when prior to installation I could. I removed the cIOS, yet I still cannot install any type of WAD. I get (ret -1) and (ret -1017) whenever I try to install. I have searched through the forums and found that most people are having this problem but they are running V3.4 and I have not upgraded to it. Any tips would be appreciated.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running 3.2 before I installed the custom IOS. Ill try to install a wad later to see if it still works. You shouldn't have updated to 3.3 anyway. Since the whole point of that update was to fix the flaw with the fake trunca(sp?) signer. Meaning after that update you wasn't suppose to be able to install any custom .wad onto the system.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no such thing as 3.4, how many times are we going to have to tell you guys? There's only 3.3 V1 and 3.3 V2. No 3.3 V2, before you ask. V2 came out on october 23. K? It's a normal problem and if you do a little bit of looking, you'll find out how to downgrade.

Riva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to downgrade without using Wan's IOS Downgrader? I don't have an internet connection for my wii, so I cant use that.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How did you update if you don't have an internet connection?
tongue.gif

Riva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the weird thing, I could install wads perfectly prior to installing the cIOS, however once installed I could not, even after uninstalling. I had a connection at one time which is how I updated to 3.3 a few months back.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riva said:
Thats the weird thing, I could install wads perfectly prior to installing the cIOS, however once installed I could not, even after uninstalling. I had a connection at one time which is how I updated to 3.3 a few months back.
So you have 3.3v1. You shouldn't have a problem installing WADs... unless you somehow upgraded it to 3.3v2

DM357

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then it wouldn't be the evil update, and you won't need to downgrade.

Also, it would help if you told us what wad manager you are using.

Riva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the exact same two errors with or without the cIOS installed when trying to install a WAD, ret -1 and -1017. It doesn't matter which WAD installer/manager I use either. I tried removing the cIOS via Anytitle deleter and via wiigators and wan's uninstallers and it doesn't change anything.

Edit: Wad installer V2 and Wad manager 1.3

Riva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved this problem by uninstalling the cIOS, then using AnyTitle Deleter to remove IOS's between 30 and 37. I removed 37 but not 30. I then used SSBB to reupdate my IOS. This seemed to fix my WAD problems because I installed a VC game and the bootloader channel. Thanks to all who helped.

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 3.2 and having those problems could you explain the ssbb part i have super smash bros brawl if thats what that is please help i do not know if i should delet ios36 because anytitle deleter says it will cause hbc to stop working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1