uTikdownloader safe? xmx

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Shikkichu, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Shikkichu
    OP

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    What are the chances of getting sued?
    I have downloaded 600gb in less than a week with it, what are the chances Nntendo would send out a letter?

He has answered my question. c:
    I'm not a boy and I do not think they'll rape my dog because it seems really silly.
    I'm just really paranoid, so I have to ask, because it has scared me for a while.

Last edited by Shikkichu, Feb 1, 2017
  2. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Depends.
    Do you own the content you downloaded? (legal backup).
    Was it updates?
    If yes and yes; you should be fine.

3. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    None tbh.

4. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez Banned!

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Dude. You are in deep shit man. They will likely have ninja agents at your door any minute now to murder you and rape your dog. Especially now that you admitted it online. You might want to start running now.

Quantumcat and sup3rgh0st like this.
  5. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    what if he has no dog ?? who would they rape ?? and murder ?? are we safe if we have no pets ??

Quantumcat, x65943 and OfficialBrony like this.
  6. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

Nov 19, 2008
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't Spider-Man that came to your house... he will rape anything that moves

7. thisisallowed

thisisallowed 不中国人

Oct 8, 2015
    China
    Jinan, Shandong
    If you are in 紅安, it's more likely for you to die tommorow than to ever get a letter from Nintendo. No matter how much you download.

8. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    This derailed pretty quickly.
    From simple question to rape.

NutymcNuty likes this.
  9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Zero chance when you legally buy a game from the eshop you are given a ticket then the wiiu connects to the nintendo CDN (content delivery network) what utktdownloader does along with all the other pc downloaders is simply bypass the eshop side of things and connect to the CDN with a fake ticket and download the game. Nintendo has no way of knowing the ticket is fake and they also have no way of knowing if it's a PC or a wiiu that is connected to the CDN.

Last edited by Marko76, Jan 31, 2017
    Shikkichu likes this.
  10. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Even my router knows it's wii u or pc or Android or iPhone. You don't think nintendo has something on there system to go back and check mac addresses?

11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Like I said they can't tell if it's a wiiu or a PC that has connected to the cdn so they can't do fuck all about it thus why nobody has been prosecuted for this over the last few years that this has been done on the 3ds and now wiiu.

12. Shikkichu
    OP

Shikkichu Just a Pika Girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    Switzerland
    Wherever my Pikachu is.
    Thank you for clarifying and learning more about why, and it helps to keep my mind at ease. c:

13. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Tickets are not involved in the download of NUS files, and if they were, they could easily be validated. Yes, you are given a ticket when you make a purchase, but that isn't used until the install process runs on the WiiU.

Please at least indicate that your conclusions are conjecture, since they aren't based on fact.

Yes, they do know which downloads are being done by a PC and which ones come from your WiiU. The GETs from your WiiU have a User-Agent that includes your PBOSU version, your console ID, and system version (plus another QWORD I didn't chase down.) The ones from your PC... don't. (Utik, specifically, uses wget.) Whether or not they choose to keep that information, or take action based on it, they certainly have it available to them.

The inclusion of system version is the reason that I don't use the latest Haxchi for more than testing. I don't know if the version override that @FIX94 put in will be included in the GET, and it seems like a bad idea to make it that easy to match a console ID with a hacked OS. I know it's not the kind of thing that they typically do, but why tempt them to ban you?

14. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Even if they did know, would they really try to go after every single person who does it when that would be a waste of time and money?

Shikkichu likes this.