ROM Hack USUM IPS Patches

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It says to use SaltySD as recommended redirection tool, but for CRO editing it says to put the edited .cro file to luma/tiles/... - I tried the wormhole cheat but as soon as I enter the wormhole I crash. Is it because of the update or did I miss something?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It says to use SaltySD as recommended redirection tool, but for CRO editing it says to put the edited .cro file to luma/tiles/... - I tried the wormhole cheat but as soon as I enter the wormhole I crash. Is it because of the update or did I miss something?
extract LunaSolDive.cro from Version 1.1 update (SystemSD/Titles/00040000E/titleID) and edit it then put it into romfs folder.

Last edited by Windylacine,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, and if I use SaltySD I need the salty SD ips patch and put it in SaltySD/titles/.../romfs or in luma/titles/.../romfs ? On saltySD github it still says Ultra 1.0, but in the OP it says SaltySD is recommended. I'm a little confused

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks, and if I use SaltySD I need the salty SD ips patch and put it in SaltySD/titles/.../romfs or in luma/titles/.../romfs ? On saltySD github it still says Ultra 1.0, but in the OP it says SaltySD is recommended. I'm a little confused
I don't think it's updated yet, so go for luma instead until ShinyQuagsire updates it.

Reactions: Fil o_O

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got it to work, in the update though the offset is different, couple lines below 18670 (for max power rings in ultra wormhole)

Hundder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the shiny rate If I choose 75%, or 50%, can someone please make me a list? or 5% etc.
Please answer! very important :(:cry:

Last edited by Hundder,

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
i update the patch already.
Oh I didn't notice that.
If I choose 75%, or 50%, can someone please make me a list? or 5% etc.
Please answer! very important :(:cry:
I made these ips patches using Pk3DS.
Here is the list of custom shiny rates:
0,1%
0,5%
1%
3,8% (original shiny rate)
5%
15%
25%
50%
75%

100% is basically what AlwaysShinyForNotShinyLock ips patch is for.

Reactions: Hundder

Hundder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh I didn't notice that.

I made these ips patches using Pk3DS.
Here is the list of custom shiny rates:
0,1%
0,5%
1%
3,8% (original shiny rate)
5%
15%
25%
50%
75%

100% is basically what AlwaysShinyForNotShinyLock ips patch is for.

but what about the shiny rate?
and I did it with pk3ds but exeFS did not work, why?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
but what about the shiny rate?
and I did it with pk3ds but exeFS did not work, why?
If Pk3DS isn't updated for V1.1 , then I can't help unless it's already updated which I have yet heard of, unless you're missing a few steps in extracting ExeFS from your physical/digital copy in Godmode9, putting into the (TitleName) folder in the same folder as Pk3DS program, make sure you have make a ips patch using the original file as the basis for new changes of modified file.

Hundder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If Pk3DS isn't updated for V1.1 , then I can't help unless it's already updated which I have yet heard of, unless you're missing a few steps in extracting ExeFS from your physical/digital copy in Godmode9, putting into the (TitleName) folder in the same folder as Pk3DS program, make sure you have make a ips patch using the original file as the basis for new changes of modified file.

and how is the shiny rate? 5% = 1: x ?? 15% = 1: xx ?? etc.. I do not get it :/

Hundder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I get an answer, please? I feel really shitty because I am desperately looking for answers for 2 days .. I have better things to do.

How do I calculate the shiny chance, eg how much is 75% in shiny chance = 1: xxx? and how is that, meaning I increase it by 75%, or I do my shiny chance at 75%? PLS ... answer guys...

Lúcio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for my ignorance, but I can't get the wormhole scro working, even when I edit the line on 186C0. There is different values there, but I edit it so it still matches the edit. My game always crashes before loading Ultra Space. Any help?

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize for my ignorance, but I can't get the wormhole scro working, even when I edit the line on 186C0. There is different values there, but I edit it so it still matches the edit. My game always crashes before loading Ultra Space. Any help?
for 1.1. using the file from update image. 000E instead 0000

Veranek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who are getting an error while using Python to merge the IPS patches, install Python 3, and run:

Code:
python3 mergeTool.txt

Heartcage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I can't find the image you mentioned. Either I'm blind or you forgot to post it.
You're blind. Ultra Sun's update is under 0004000E/001b5000, while Ultra Moon's update is 0004000E/001b5100. Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==