using wup installer?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gaga24, May 13, 2017.

1. gaga24
    OP

gaga24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    So quick question, can i do this:

Wii U is not softmoded, clean.
    if i load homebrew from loadiine.ovh site can i directly use wup installer y mod to install games on internal
    memory. I will use games that dont require sig patches, like Wii U party, Mario party 10...ect.

2. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Yes, you can load homebrew from the browser, if you put the homebrew files on an SD Card. You can run homebrew launcher from loadiine.ovh, then run WUP Installer from there.

But you can only install WiiU games and Updates for WiiU games. You cannot install DLC, or Virtual Console games without CFW and Sigpatches.

Also, I'm pretty sure you have to install a game that has a verified tik file. So you should use USB Helper to download and transfer your game to SD Card. USB Helper does everything for you, you just have to install the game with WUP Installer.

Last edited by TheTechGenius, May 13, 2017
    gaga24 likes this.
  3. gaga24
    OP

gaga24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Thank you, goal is to use some games directly for less experiences users, not all users are willing to use loadiine everytime.

TheTechGenius likes this.
  4. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    If you don't want to use the browser to launch Homebrew Launcher every time, then you can install Haxchi. After you have Haxchi installed and running, you can install Homebrew Launcher Channel, and never have to use the browser again. Haxchi very convenient, and it only requires you to purchase a legit DS VC game from the eshop. I think I bought my DS VC game for about $4.99.

As for Loadiine, it's good if you want to play games from an SD Card, instead of the Nand. My WiiU only has 32GB, and that gets full very fast. My SD Card is 64GB, so I have more space on my SD Card for games.

I use Loadiine for games that I don't play that often, or I'm not that interested in. And I use my nand for games that I really like, such as Mario games, and Zelda games. It's nice to have different options to load games from. I just wish someone would come out with a way to install games to SD Card and play then from the WiiU menu, like how you can install and play games from USB storage.

5. wizra

wizra Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2009
    Awesome! I didn't know we could updates.