Since I'm American and want a New 3DS and also want to use Gateway for homebrew and save hacking, it feels like the only solution is to buy an Australian New 3DS. It's very likely that Gateway's exploit will be fixed by the time the American New 3DS comes out (if it does--Nintendo hasn't announced that it will at all). So is it possible to use the wrong-region e-Shop or go on the wrong-region Nintendo Network if you had a hacked 3DS? I think that Gateway should delay their release of the 9.x exploit until the New 3DS comes out in the U.S. and Europe--which I assume are their primary markets, despite being Chinese. They need to think long-term about their customer base.