Using Wii in a small room?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gandev, Dec 18, 2010.

Dec 18, 2010

Using Wii in a small room? by Gandev at 12:55 AM (2,784 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Gandev
    OP

Newcomer Gandev Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    I would like to get a Wii, but I would like to use in a small bedroom.Basically TV is just in front of my bedroom and there is no place for running,walking etc.What I want is to lay in my bed with the joystick in my hands.Is this going to ruin most of the games and do most of the games require movements, or I can play from the bed?

2. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    You should be able to play most of them except ones that require the balance board.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i play all my wii games sitting down no need to jump around like an idiot that's what kinect is for [​IMG]

4. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Wii games don't make you walk around / stand up. Its more about your hand movements...

5. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    You'll be able to play most Wii games, since most don't require you to run around your room like Kinect would. Just make sure there's arm room for swinging the Wii Remote.

6. Phreshmilk

Newcomer Phreshmilk Newbie

United States
    You dont really swing your arms wildly around.You can just flick your wrists.Its not really a problem.I have a small room.

7. Gandev
    OP

Newcomer Gandev Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    Thanks alot guys, then I'm getting Wii [​IMG]

8. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    you also need some distance from the sensor bar
    ~1m minimum afaik
    but this can be alleviated with custom bars

9. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    Yes but it's abit uncomfortable for me.
    Playing Wii Sports will be weird, but my friend plays Wii Sports tennis sitting down and i've seen my brother's friend playing Wii Sports bowling sitting down.

10. rip-it-up

Member rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    if you sit on the opposite end of the bed from the tv and the senor bar is on or below your tv you will no issues with using the wii remote for ir poiting.
    if however and decide to play from the tail end of the bed you may be a lil close for the ir pointer to track properly

11. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I play most of my games from the cough or bed as well. Not that hard, because most games restrict movement to shaking the wiimote (or not even that).

There are some exceptions, though. Just because it's possible to play all wii games from the couch doesn't mean it's adviced. Some examples:

-wii sports & wii sports resort (I've seen someone bowl by flicking their whist as well...but I can't imagine it easy to hit...or be fun, for that matter).
    -wii balance board games (obvious)
    -red steel 2. Not sure how accurate this is (read in in a review), but I'd refrain from buying before trying
    -wario ware: smooth moves (some microgames you'll lose instantly if you don't get in the right position immediately)
    -guitar hero/rock band games. Perhaps it's me, but playing while sitting...I just can't get into the song that way.
    -punch out. As above. Fun game, but for good reflexes, you'll have to be in a standing mood.
    -those tiger wood golf games. never played them, but can't imagine it being anywhere near accurate while sitting

There's probably more...but most games will be fine. Especially those that have classic controller support (even if you don't own one).

12. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Most wii games require either a steadyhand or twitching on average and alot of first party games are simply traditional controls. I use mine in my small room too and I have no issues.

13. Jozef

Newcomer Jozef Member

Russia
    ??? ?????? ? ????? ??????? ?????? [​IMG] ??????? ????????, ???????, bear, ? ??? Oki-Doki!

14. zuron7

Member zuron7 RBYG

India
    I can also tell you that the WM+ games give better results when you do the actual actions in the game.
    But leaving out all except the balance board games, the games can be played while sitting down except that it just takes a bit of fun out of motion gaming.

15. blackacidevil

Member blackacidevil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thats exactly how I play my wii, Im Jabba the Hut with a 10 inch buffer between eachside of me with a 2L bottle of coke, sunflower seeds, ketchup chips and a 26 of vodka. But it gets very hot without me being able to move much , especially on my left side, because im trying to swing and sometimes the next door neighbours cat gets all aggitated and hisses at me. But other than that its ok.

Wii Balance board games ? I cant even think of more than 10 games off the topic of my head and cant think of one thats not gay.

I would recommended lying down and playing its what I do, and with Call of duty. You have to remember that nintendo wii is in the atari stages of motion control. Its really just a flick of your wrist and the direction and the controller is still not right because of its lack for compensiation wrist angles and such. Wiimotion was a failure and didnt take off.

So yah,

Lego Star Wrs in bed, NHL, Super Mario 1 2 gal, donkey, new mario

yes

I asked a girlfriend over or someone your interested in and play just dance but you have to do it lying on a bed but slower. Tell them stuff like he wii remote senses your back and stuff so they have to get really into it. I did this with lots of ppl from the bar, but it was most difficult to get rid of the guys they came with, so I could be alone with the girl. Thats where I used some common sense to get rid of the guys.

Id put on Need for Speed Hot Pursuit that just came out, and its so horrible they would leave and without thinking leave her there. Or I just had to put on any game by THQ, these are quite good cost effective methods, especially THQ games, they are 4.99 for Cruisn .

PM if you need more advice

16. blackacidevil

Member blackacidevil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you get bored of just dance too quickly. Then its time to play world of goo

17. Trollology

Banned Trollology Banned

Canada
    If you have like 1m - 1.5m space between your bed and TV, you're perfect.

18. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Small room means no charging up for Dragon Ball Z boutakai Tenkiechi whatthe eff ever.

JK you can still play that game in a small room. The only thing you would have to be worried about is the Kinect lol

19. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Yep it's fine, infact you'll even be able to play Michael Jackson: The Experience quite comfortably.