Using vWii to obtain Wii ISO?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by darkmecha82, Dec 24, 2014.

1. darkmecha82
    OP

darkmecha82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Hello. first off, if this is in the wrong section I apologize and ask that I be directed to the proper area to post this.

I recently got a Wii U and purchased a Wii game to play as well since it has backwards capability. However, I'm not a huge fan of the quality of the Wii on the TV and would rather use Dolphin emulator to play the Wii games.

But to do so I need the ISOs and the only way to do so is by using homebrew and cleanrip/ USBLoader GX or by purchasing one of the DVD Drives compatible with Rawdump 2.1. As I don't want to spend another $50 for the DVD Drive ( USB because I don't own a desktop computer) or use $130 to buy a Wii console to do this, I was wondering if it is possible to do the same thing but on the virtual Wii sandbox in the Wii U.

Since there are some things you can do on a homebrew'd Wii that you cant on the vWii, I would just like to verify this being possible before I do anything and mess up the new console. Thank you all for your time.

2. darkmecha82
    OP

darkmecha82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    I just checked the current update version and it's now the most recent (5.3.2) is this going to inhibit my ability to properly use Homebrew and CleanRip?

3. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    There honestly needs to be a sticky that in big letters tells the difference between vWii and WiiU mode.