tech_land

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
i have 2 nintendo banned switch, with Atmosphere 1.5.5.
Usually i have to move from livingroom to bedroom with the console and base (for hdmi plug) but this is unconfortable. I would leave one switch in the bedroom and one in the livingroom, both already connected to hdmi and reasy to start.

The only problem is savegames and games... i thinking if is it possilbe to swtich the microSD between these 2 consoles, maybe using JKSV for storing save data and restoring in the other switch when i change room...
But i kno that if i switch micrSD now, the second switch say "This sim is used on other switch, format it etc..."

is there a way to use the same microSD on both nintendo switch without formatting it?
thanks.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So you think it is easier to remove the sd card and insert it into the other switch than to move the switch from one room to another and plug in the hdmi cable???

The sd card reader is not very good in the switch and it tends to breeak if you unplud/plug in the sd card too many times so I would not recommend that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,
i have 2 nintendo banned switch, with Atmosphere 1.5.5.
Usually i have to move from livingroom to bedroom with the console and base (for hdmi plug) but this is unconfortable. I would leave one switch in the bedroom and one in the livingroom, both already connected to hdmi and reasy to start.

The only problem is savegames and games... i thinking if is it possilbe to swtich the microSD between these 2 consoles, maybe using JKSV for storing save data and restoring in the other switch when i change room...
But i kno that if i switch micrSD now, the second switch say "This sim is used on other switch, format it etc..."

is there a way to use the same microSD on both nintendo switch without formatting it?
thanks.
Kind of. With emuNAND, you can change the "Nintendo" folder to be whatever you want. So you can have two emuNANDs, and two Nintendo folders, and boot the correct emuNAND depending on which console you are using. Games and saves are still separate, but you can back up and restore data with JKSV as you said to move data between them, though you need to back up saves before moving the MicroSD over since the emuNAND from console 1 will not be bootable on console 2.
But you would need 2 copies of every game you play, taking up a lot of space on the MicroSD.
I would consider keeping separate MicroSDs and using FTP to move the JKSV save data between the 2 consoles, since having everything on 1 microSD does not save much effort.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol