Using R4 to fix bricked Acekard 2i???

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by chaosboi007, Sep 30, 2009.

Sep 30, 2009
  1. chaosboi007
    OP

Newcomer chaosboi007 Newbie

United States
    I was wondering if it was possible to use an R4 like the original R4 revolution for DS or DS Lite and use it to update my bricked Acekard 2i? If so, how? Like I was reading around the forum and saw some people try and use other flash carts to update their bricked Acekards but how would you do that because doesnt the flashcart have to use a different .nds file to update it than an acekard one, wouldnt it corrupt the flashcart you are using, so the R4 in this case??? Please reply back

2. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    if u bricked ur card then ur screwed
    and r4 original is not an ak clone so it wouldnt matter any ways

3. chaosboi007
    OP

United States
    soo since i bricked it from accidentally turning my dsi off means that its nothing now, absolutely no way to fix it? Would it work if it was an AK Clone?

4. litobro

Newcomer litobro Advanced Member

United States
    I'm not sure, but you could try the version which does batch updates(DSL?) and run the file, swap out the card, and hit the designated key. Don't blame me if it gets worse though. I'm not a reliable source on using a different type of card.

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Theoretically, if the developers coded an updater that runs in a Slot 2 device, and checks what's in slot 1, you could potentially unbrick a lot of flashcarts.
    Acekard 2i and CycloDS come to mind.

6. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    You can launch the ak2i 1.4 updater for dslite from your r4 swap carts and reflash your ak2i. Simple.

7. chaosboi007
    OP

United States

but couldnt using a different firmware updater possibly mess up the r4? Unless your referring to when it asks to take out the cart then inserting it again before pressing B, would it work that way? Also, right now I have like the original R4 that only works for the original DS and DSL, do you think it would be able to update my acekard 2i still?

8. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    No it waits for the user to press a before attempting to write anything to the cart just swap carts before pressing 'a'

9. chaosboi007
    OP

United States
    YESSS IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW xD, THANKS NORMMATT