Using one *DS system's SD/microSD card on another *DS system?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Kizul Emeraldfire, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Kizul Emeraldfire
    OP

Kizul Emeraldfire Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Well, I finally got my hands on a new "New" 3DS XL — but my old "New" 3DS XL is still away being repaired, so I can't do a System Transfer yet. I've still got its microSDHC card, though! :D

So my question is this: would it be possible to (without modding the system) take one 2DS/3DS/"New" 3DS system's SDHC card and be able to use its data in another 2DS/3DS/"New" 3DS system? (Obviously you can't just take the card out and put it into another system; there'd be rampant piracy that way . :P)

Granted, I can play just fine the games I've got in physical form (…excluding Super Smash Bros., whose save data is "in another castle" at the moment…) — but I've been wanting to play Pokémon Y again lately, and I've only got that one in digital form, on the SDHC card.

So, is it possible? :) Or — as I am afeared — would it be more trouble than it's worth?

(Additionally, I'm not sure if this should be posted here or on the "ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities" board. If it'd fit better there, please let this thread be moved! :))

Last edited by Kizul Emeraldfire, Nov 15, 2015
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Games and saves are encrypted per console and there's no way to find the decryption keys so the only thing you could do is install CFW if the console is 9.2 or below.

3. Kizul Emeraldfire
    OP

Kizul Emeraldfire Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    I see. *sigh* I figured as much — but it was worth a try. XD

Thank you! :)