Hacking Using NTR Cheats on custom firmware (Luma)

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I've just downloaded some cheats for a game that I would like to use on my o3ds. The archived folder I downloaded has some txt and plg files.

I tried googling how one can use these cheats, but haven't been able to find a new link. Is NTR installable in emunand? Could somebody link to the newest version?

Many thanks!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just downloaded some cheats for a game that I would like to use on my o3ds. The archived folder I downloaded has some txt and plg files.

I tried googling how one can use these cheats, but haven't been able to find a new link. Is NTR installable in emunand? Could somebody link to the newest version?

Many thanks!

Get NTR here. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-bootntr-selector.432911/

On your SD card make the directory titled "plugin," and in it, a folder with the title ID of your game as the folder's name. You can search for your game's title ID here. *snip*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,
Reactions: Francesca

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases/tag/v.2.8
I went here and there are four possible .cias that could be downloaded. Which one would you recommend?

You're on O3DS so you need to get the BootMode3 one, it doesn't matter which of the BM3 ones to choose, you just get different banners, cosmetic stuff. As the BootNTR Selector link I provided says, make sure your console is fully booted, all the icons on homemenu appear, then after going to BootNTR Selector, press home on command, do not close the process, keep it suspended when you select your game, then allow the game to be booted, and there. There's no auto-enabling of debugger, you'd have to enable it yourself with the NTR menu through the button combo X+Y, not that it might matter to you.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
You're on O3DS so you need to get the BootMode3 one, it doesn't matter which of the BM3 ones to choose, you just get different banners, cosmetic stuff. As the BootNTR Selector link I provided says, make sure your console is fully booted, all the icons on homemenu appear, then after going to BootNTR Selector, press home on command, do not close the process, keep it suspended when you select your game, then allow the game to be booted, and there. There's no auto-enabling of debugger, you'd have to enable it yourself with the NTR menu through the button combo X+Y, not that it might matter to you.

Nice! What about the files I downloaded for a game. Where do I put the plg and txt files for the program to detect and activate them?

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well normal one works and can run larger plugins, OP should get both (normal and mode 3) and only use mode 3 when playing extended memory games like Pokemon or smash, or you'll be frustrated by the time mode 3 loads

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice! What about the files I downloaded for a game. Where do I put the plg and txt files for the program to detect and activate them?
Create a folder named "plugin" without the quotation marks in your sd card root, and search for the I'd of your game online on 3dsdb.com (usually looks like 000400000xxx), and put the plugin only will work, the txt file isn't needed
example for Pokemon sun
sdcard/plugin/000400000016800/“your plugin here”

Last edited by tnecniv43208,
Reactions: RustInPeace

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well normal one works and can run larger plugins, OP should get both (normal and mode 3) and only use mode 3 when playing extended memory games like Pokemon or smash, or you'll be frustrated by the time mode 3 loads

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Create a folder named "plugins" without the quotation marks in your sd card root, and search for the I'd of your game online on 3dsdb.com (usually looks like 000400000xxx), and put the plugin only will work, the txt file isn't needed
It needs to be named plugin without the s on it or it will not work.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Do I have to manually select which of the cheats I want enabled? I've got the green screen effecting going when I load a game, but none of the cheats appear to be active. Do I do it in one of the programs (installed both the Mode 3 and the normal one)?

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do I have to manually select which of the cheats I want enabled? I've got the green screen effecting going when I load a game, but none of the cheats appear to be active. Do I do it in one of the programs (installed both the Mode 3 and the normal one)?
To enable the cheat, press the x+y for the note menu, if it shows an option for the game option then press it, if it doesn't return to your game by pressing the b button and press select
Assuming from you have a txt file, you should try select first

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
txt file? I thought I should you only put in the plg file into the plugin folder of the right game title?

I'll definitely try the x+y combination.

By the way, if I soft-reset the game when NTR is on, everything crashes and I have to reload the console. Is there any way around it?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
txt file? I thought I should you only put in the plg file into the plugin folder of the right game title?

I'll definitely try the x+y combination.

By the way, if I soft-reset the game when NTR is on, everything crashes and I have to reload the console. Is there any way around it?

No, that's NTR being NTR, nothing you can do about it.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay, so X+Y did put up the NTR menu during the gameplay, but where do I choose or enable the cheats?

Process Manager
Enable Debugger
Set Hotkey
CPU Clock
Take Screenshot
Real-Time Save
Power
Backlight
Reduce Blue Light

...are the options I see. None of them have cheats anywhere if I try to look for them there. What gives?

The plugin folder was set up apparently right, with the .plg file. Or should I put all the txt files there too?

SuongTu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Okay, so X+Y did put up the NTR menu during the gameplay, but where do I choose or enable the cheats?

Process Manager
Enable Debugger
Set Hotkey
CPU Clock
Take Screenshot
Real-Time Save
Power
Backlight
Reduce Blue Light

...are the options I see. None of them have cheats anywhere if I try to look for them there. What gives?

The plugin folder was set up apparently right, with the .plg file. Or should I put all the txt files there too?

Im on the same boat as you... i am wondering how to activate cheats?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up