Using NTFS Partition

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Bigby, May 12, 2010.

May 12, 2010

Using NTFS Partition by Bigby at 8:43 AM (720 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Bigby
    OP

Newcomer Bigby Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have been using a WBFS partition for awhile now, and would like to switch to using NTFS. My hard drive has NTFS as the 1st partition and WBFS as the 2nd.

Using Wii Backup Manager, I transferred a game over to the NTFS partition and deleted it on the WBFS. (as a test)

When I run either USB loader GX or WiiFlow I see my previous games, but not the game I transferd to the NTFS partition. Now I understand I need Hermes cIOS 222/223 installed to use NTFS, and they are installed.

Is there anything else I am missing?

2. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    You don't need IOS222/223 any more. IOS249 rev 19 also supports FAT32 and NTFS partitions in most of the loaders these days. Also, I think all the loaders only allow you to have one partition loaded at any time. You will need to choose a different partition in the options of the loader.

If you want to try Configurable, you can set this option in config.txt as "partition=NTFS1", or go to the global options page (push 1 twice), change the partition option to your NTFS partition and then save the options by pushing 2.

3. Bigby
    OP

Newcomer Bigby Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the information, Dr. Clipper.

First of all, I had IOS249 rev 17 installed. Installed rev 19 now.

Still can't get the partition to show in USB LoaderGX or WiiFlow. However I tried your suggestion of using Configurable and I can use the NTFS parttiton and run the game. [​IMG]

Still would like to know if it's possible to use the NTFS parttiton in the other two loaders....

On second thought's, just seen your configurator and realised how good configurable is! [​IMG]