ROM Hack Using no$gba for CTDS

Rico1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so i've been vigorously surfing all across the net trying to gather roms/emulators to get Chrono Trigger for the DS to not only work, but work correctly.

I am using no$gba to launch CT it played fine up until the first Warp Gate, which is of course "to be expected". I went looking for the fix to this, in doing so I found Narin's wonderful Cheat that bypasses this.

Unfortunately whenever I use this cheat it gives me an error message saying that the image broke. I have tried multiple times and get the same message.

Is this a problem with the ROM? no$gba? Or what?

Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

Edit: Also sorry for adding another " *cry* help with CT thread" I know you guys are probably about to turn your PC into a noose at the sight of these things =)

EDIT2: If this is a clean/dirty rom problem is it possible someone could direct me towards a clean one, not a direct link, but like something to type into google to bring up the clean one...so I can...ya know..."buy" it.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You have three options with no$gba, first you can use the cheats which work for most people, second is to patch the cheats into the game and third, you can get the Nintendo DS firmware and GBA BIOs files (Either download them or Dump them yourself, note its illegal to download them if you don't own a DS in my countries) and use them with no$gba. The firmware option will fix problems with many games actually as it gives you near perfect compatibility since your running the games on no$gba using the real Nintendo DS firmware.

Rico1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Narin! Well, im not the best with messing with roms and files and such. I dont really know how to do any of the three things you listed besides the cheats, and that didnt work, sooo... I guess I might just have to go out and fork up the money for a DS and the game =/ Eh, maybe I can get one of my friends to patch the game or download the firmware for me =P

Anyways, thank you for your reply Narin, you were a great help =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021