Homebrew Using Mios for Gamcube, USB stick v.s. USB HDD?

MutantMike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get my Wii running GC games and just curious to advantages/disadvantages to using like a 16GB USB stick v.s. a USB Western Digital HD

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I guess the difference would be how many games you can fit in each. I use Nintendont with USB sticks (Some Toshiba usbs) and it works wonders. Not even a problem (Except those games that doesn't want to be shrunk). Just format it with a cluster of 32kb and you're good to go.

In a 16GB usb you can fit at least 10 games if not shrunk. If they are, it depends on which games.

But, why use Dios Mios? Nintendont seems to be better in every way possible to me. You don't even have to install anything so you still can play retail games. If you have, of course.

MutantMike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the difference would be how many games you can fit in each. I use Nintendont with USB sticks (Some Toshiba usbs) and it works wonders. Not even a problem (Except those games that doesn't want to be shrunk). Just format it with a cluster of 32kb and you're good to go.

In a 16GB usb you can fit at least 10 games if not shrunk. If they are, it depends on which games.

But, why use Dios Mios? Nintendont seems to be better in every way possible to me. You don't even have to install anything so you still can play retail games. If you have, of course.

Great thanks. I was reading about Nintendont and it does seem the way to go thanks!

I would like to keep all my ISO games on external and use that but if I can get that many on a stick then that is probably the best.

Hey Maese, I know it is off topic but is N64 emu a joke? I want to try that but have a buddy say it does not work well with the Wii, where to start on that.

Thanks happy new year!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a couple of 16 GB usb's for gamecube and I have enough for it (I just change the games on the USB based on what we want to play, but because the images are quite smaller compared to Wii games we usually have no space issues).

N64 Emulation is okay-ish. There is Wii64 which is somewhat old, and a modified version of it named NOT64, which brought many improvements. It playes a nice ammount of games, but I haven't touched it that much.

You should look around this board for the thread, and take a look at the compatibilty list too:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii64_Compatibility_List

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for N64 emulation you better stick to the official VC-releases or a powerful PC (any core i3 laptop will do the trick).

the Wii is just not powerful enough to emulate the rare games accordingly!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots