Using cheat codes

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Kyoton, Dec 20, 2008.

Dec 20, 2008

Using cheat codes by Kyoton at 3:01 AM (959 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Kyoton
    OP

Member Kyoton GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello! I just have a question that might be simple.

How does one enable cheat codes on an R4? I have been searching but I have not found anything. Can someone please tell me how to enable cheat codes? Thank you in advance!

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    sigh...from what I hear you have to press "Y" then press on the folder or what ever then press on the cheat you want to activate then press activate(or enable cheat I don't know)happy cheating cheater and btw R4 is dead no offense

3. BKZ

Member BKZ GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    EDIT: lolzed beat me to it

4. Kyoton
    OP

Member Kyoton GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you very much, I will test it out. I also did purchase my R4 in july before it had died. I also tried updating to Ysmenu earlier this evening but somehow failed...It is a mystery to me how I did though, later I will try it again.

Ok, when I open the R4, I go to the rom and click "Y" nothing happens, I try the game and get to the freeze point after character creation. Stuck there. Where did I go wrong?

The cheat file is USRCHEAT.DAT and just inside the SD card.

Oh, I am using R4cce to edit the cheat codes.

Afte some more researching through more threads, a _system_ folder was needed.
    I am toggling a few settings now within the cheat folder but the game freezes immediatly after loading at a white screen.