Using Breeze's Search Manager

Should have written this since day one. Not sure how many have given up using it but here it is.
If you have tried to do search with Breeze and given up due to this not being written please try again

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki/Using-Search-Manager

Now that you know how to use Search Manager, this next one may finally be useful to you
https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki/Basics-of-Search

You may want to check this one out too
https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki/Setup-Profile-to-launch-Breeze-(optional)

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TomSwitch,

Visntse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's github version.
to be honest, I feel that there are some redundant things in it. I didn't use it as a code searcher, but just used it to activate cheats provided by others, so I deleted some files.

Since you said so, then I have time to overwrite all your original files into the directory and exclude them.
Post automatically merged:

will report back when I try to overwrite all files, please wait, thanks
Post automatically merged:

ok, I know what I'm doing wrong...
I replaced the hbmenu.nro you originally provided with the 3.5.1 version of https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu, which caused it to run to hbmenu.
Re-used your original hbmenu.nro, everything works now, thank

Last edited by Visntse,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
@TomSwitch, when searching float values in u64 hex, for example 0x42c8000042c80000, when go to Memory Viewer, it detects the value as float, if choose Edit Memory, it will only edit the lower 0x42c80000 not both 0x42c8000042c80000
search.jpg

it detects the u64 hex value as float 32
float.jpg

need to use Mode Toggle in order to edit the full u64 value 0x42c8000042c80000
toggle.jpg

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TomSwitch, when searching float values in u64 hex, for example 0x42c8000042c80000, when go to Memory Viewer, it detects the value as float, if choose Edit Memory, it will only edit the lower 0x42c80000 not both 0x42c8000042c80000
View attachment 395265
it detects the u64 hex value as float 32
View attachment 395266

need to use Mode Toggle in order to edit the full u64 value 0x42c8000042c80000
View attachment 395267
when memory editor display mode is smart it will let you edit in the format that it guess. Unfortunately sometimes there is no way to tell whether double or float a memory location actually is intended to be storage to. I would guess the value to be float, it would be highly unlikely that a double would look like that.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
when memory editor display mode is smart it will let you edit in the format that it guess. Unfortunately sometimes there is no way to tell whether double or float a memory location actually is intended to be storage to. I would guess the value to be float, it would be highly unlikely that a double would look like that.
but if search 0x42c8000000000000, Memory editor did detected it as u64

shoreyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@TomSwitch
When searching Unknow value after a FULL Memory Dump, neither DIFF nor SAME works without blowing the file size limit for FAT32, unless one change [Search Main only=0] to 1, but if the target allocate in Heap or both...
BreezeSetting.jpg

would that be possible to add 2\3 options back like REGION setting in Edizon-SE?

SearchRegion.jpg

[DiffBA] is another cute mode i miss so much, Thank you:wub:

CALU.png

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TomSwitch
When searching Unknow value after a FULL Memory Dump, neither DIFF nor SAME works without blowing the file size limit for FAT32, unless one change [Search Main only=0] to 1, but if the target allocate in Heap or both...
View attachment 396113

would that be possible to add 2\3 options back like REGION setting in Edizon-SE?

View attachment 396116

[DiffBA] is another cute mode i miss so much, Thank you:wub:

View attachment 396117
The region is default all RW memory. Heap is by far the elephant and the rest are mouse. No reason to have heap+anything. It is possible to do main only by going to settings.

NotAB means not A and not B

shoreyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Fortunately, I had duplicate all .bmk files, after binary comparison, inserting 8 bytes 00 at 0xdc should do the trick.

Attachments

• Binary_cmp.png
    Binary_cmp.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 21

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
@TomSwitch, Jump Forward seems to be broken in beta84?
highlight a pointer address then choose Jump Forward, it will do a search instead of jumping to the pointer address

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TomSwitch, Jump Forward seems to be broken in beta84?
highlight a pointer address then choose Jump Forward, it will do a search instead of jumping to the pointer address
Pre-released updated today. I actually was about to invite you to give it a try. Now it can do pointer search ( repeated R press in jump back will search for next depth ).

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Pre-released updated today. I actually was about to invite you to give it a try. Now it can do pointer search ( repeated R press in jump back will search for next depth ).
I am only familiar with depth 1 pointer using jump back, just too many results when it's multi pointer

just tried the update, Jump Forward starts the jump back search instead of going to the pointer address in memory explorer

Raveology

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi can anyone help me solve this issue when I try to search? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231220_121347_005.jpg
    IMG_20231220_121347_005.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 16

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi can anyone help me solve this issue when I try to search? Thanks
you need to show more of what you did, the screen don't mean a thing to me, it just say you get error e401.

First thing check your installation, start with a clean contents directory or launch settings:sysmodule manager and disable everything you see

Raveology

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
you need to show more of what you did, the screen don't mean a thing to me, it just say you get error e401.

First thing check your installation, start with a clean contents directory or launch settings:sysmodule manager and disable everything you see
I have disabled everything and it still can't work. How do I do a clean content directory?

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have disabled everything and it still can't work. How do I do a clean content directory?
\atmosphere\contents rename it to say \atmosphere\contents1
or to be very sure just rename \atmosphere to \atmosphere_old and reinstall atmosphere, i.e. copy the content from git hub to your sd
copy sigpatches if needed
copy content of breeze.zip to sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think