Using a new SD card

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by fatleon5, Jan 29, 2017.

1. fatleon5
    OP

fatleon5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    This may be a simple question but I have blight a bigger SD card but am unsure if I have to transfer everything off the old card to be able to run homebrew and backups properly.
    I am currently running Luma on an O3ds.

Is it simply a case of copy and pasting everything to the new card and it will all work fine or is it more complex than that?

Thank you for any help

2. lore9625

lore9625 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2017
    Italy
  3. Player-1

Player-1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    if you use sysnand and emunand format your new sd with emunand9 first then copy and paste

4. fatleon5
    OP

fatleon5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    I just looked at that emunand9 but it says you must have below 9.2 FW.
    Also I'm really sorry this is such a noob question, but how do I check if it is sysnand and emunand? This is the guide I used to install Luma --- https://3ds.guide and followed the O3DS guide for the latest version.

I'm new to all this really, I used CFW back in the PSP days but haven't done anything similar until this. I used to understand all of this but as I'm getting older I'm finding it harder to take in! I'm not even that old which is the bad part...

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    system NAND will have sys in system settings next to the firmware number; emuNAND will have emu next to the firmware number.

6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Unless you changed it. My firmware says 7 grand dad.

petethepug likes this.
  7. Player-1

Player-1 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2016
    United States
    you're using cfw, if you set it up as a luma payload, fw version won't matter.

as others have said you can check if you're using sysnand or emunand by going into system settings and checking the bottom right of the top screen.

sys=sysnand emu=emunand next to your firmware version.

if it just says "ver" next to your firmware number, go into luma settings (turn your 3ds off, hold select, turn on) and check "show NAND or user strings in system settings", save, check system settings and it will show which nand you're using.