Hardware Using a hard mod to manually edit the sysNAND on your PC then transferring it back to the 3DS?

cheesylard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was thinking, if you were on 9.8 or something that wasn't exploitable, couldn't you possibly hex edit the sysNAND itself to be exploitable?

You'd need a hard mod, and transfer the sysNAND image to the computer so you could manually edit it. Then once you're done making your changes, transfer it back to the 3DS and boom, it's now exploited.

Like, for example, you could take a look at Pasta CFW, look at the offsets for it, then manually hex edit the sysNAND of 9.8. You wouldn't need any exploits since you're directly modifying the sysNAND anyway. Just find the code that checked for CIA signing or whatever, and patch that, then transfer it back...

Would that be possible / easily feasible, given good knowledge of C/C++ and a basic understanding of operating systems and filesystem formats? Hopefully the sysNAND isn't encrypted or anything like that.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bad news.

Only way to decrypt the nand is using the console itself, so only if it's exploitable. No chance for 9.8 for the forseeable future.
That's not entirely correct. You could generate xorpads on 9.2 (for the NAND) and these will still work on 9.9 and most likely any future version. The Pasta offsets, though, they cannot be hardcoded to my knowledge.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not entirely correct. You could generate xorpads on 9.2 (for the NAND) and these will still work on 9.9 and most likely any future version. The Pasta offsets, though, they cannot be hardcoded to my knowledge.
Yeah, the console needs to be exploitable in the first place. I meant no chance for a console that's already on 9.8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1