usercheat.dat not working for Pokemon Black or White

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by killerklown420, Mar 12, 2011.

1. killerklown420
    OP

Newcomer killerklown420 Newbie

United States
    I've checked the game ID with r4cce and it matches what's in the usercheat.dat file for both games. The cheats show up but none of them work for either game. I can't think of any other reason they might be showing up, but not working. Any ideas?

2. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Which flashcart do you have?

3. killerklown420
    OP

United States
    Sorry, it's an R4 running Wood 1.26

4. Elementalpowerst

Newcomer Elementalpowerst Newbie

United States
    I can confirm that the March 12th usrcheat.dat cheats for Pokemon Black Version (Code: IRBO) do not work. I've yet to test all of the cheats for functionality, but the few that I have enabled does not function as described, using R4 Wood 1.26 downloaded from this site. However, a new version, 1.26c kernel (I'm not sure if this an offiical release or just something someone has modified has been uploaded, and I'll be downloading that to see if it has been resolved using that revision of the R4 Wood.

Cart: R4 Revolution for DS. (I'm guessing an original R4.)
    Version: akumenu 1.26 (Wood R4 1.26)

I'm just sorry I couldn't actually supply any information as to why the cheats wouldn't work.

Edit (9:25 Eastern Standard)
    Curosity ensues. R4 1.26c Kernel appears to be a Pokemon White Version .NDS. http://filetrip.net/f24335-R4-Kernel-1-26c.html
    At 256MB in file size, I think it is a ROM Image. I'm unsure if this has been reported, if it needs to be reported, but it's just what I saw. I could not download it due to my download rate being around 20kb / s at it's max.
    Direct Link to the supposed kernel.
    http://filetrip.net/d24335-R4-Kernel-1-26c.html

Please edit out the links as needed.

5. killerklown420
    OP

United States
    Sorry, I'm dumb. I just forgot to turn the cheats back on in the menu when I upgraded to the new Wood. Cheats are working perfectly for me. March 12th ones from this site on US version of Black/White. Wood 1.26.

6. Elementalpowerst

Newcomer Elementalpowerst Newbie

United States
    ...well.

Unless IRBO is the code for the version of Pokemon Black, I think the EU version also shares this code, which is weird, and shouldn't make a difference, but I'll go get the US version and see if those work or are the same.

Otherwise, I still have a problem

Edit:
    Ack. I seriously can't believe I had the same problem as this guy...

You know how in R4's menu, where you can change the "Settings" in games, there's a thing that it set to "Off(global)" under the Features tab of the R4's settings, and I needed to set them to "on." I definitely feel less intellegent.

I don't have a problem anymore, but thanks for reading my posts anyways.