used Wii U - reset parental controls code

Discussion in 'Wii U - Nintendo Network' started by Sebix, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Sebix
    OP

Sebix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2018
    Poland
    Hi,

I bought a used Wii U and can't access to the Parental Controls Menu to obtain the inquiry numer and get master key. Only options i have is to login on last owner account (i don't have password) or add new one, but when i try to make new account it ask me to give the parental code. On other post's i read that you need to go to the Parental Menu and click "i forget" or something like that but i don't see anything like that.

2. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
  3. Sebix
    OP

Sebix Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2018
    Poland
    yeah but i don't have inquiry number and don't know how to get it (i can't access to parental menu) besides calling to nintendo but in europe they work only from monday to friday, i tried US support but they can't help because it's EU region console.

4. NesGamer90

NesGamer90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2018
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    Same problem here, I'm from Latin America, Chile, but I doubt they will help me in Nintendo if the console is second-hand.

5. Shimorei

Shimorei Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2018
    Canada
    Copied from a post on Reddit:

1. Get your inquiry code (you recieve it when you mess up the PIN 3 times and the secret question 3 times).
    2. Enter the 10-digit inquiry code on mkey generator
    3. You will recieve a 5-digit master key PIN
    4. Go and enter it on your Wii U when prompted
    5. You now have access to your Parental Controls. 5 (optional). Make your PIN easier to remember