Hacking used savemiifrii method..now what?

mantendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, my wii has been broken for almost a year now, and I decided today that I wanted to fix it.
here's the situation: I turn on my wii, and as it boots up the it makes a weird noise, and the screen is blank/black. there is barely any sound coming from the wii itself.

now i've used the savemiifrii method and got the result i needed, the firmware version (4.0) and region (USA) on the bottom right corner.

i have no idea what to do next. my wii remotes are not syncing in with the wii. so i ask you guys, what should i do next? keep in mind that the last game i ever bought was madworld...im fairly certain.

thanks

EDIT: I have never ever modded my wii or done anything funky to it. it just stopped working for some reason. i don't quite remember.

mantendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i have to buy a game in order to save it? are there any other alternatives?
also, once it updates, will i lose everything that was once on it? (e.g. VC games, Wiiware games, channels)

Baker_Au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cobleman said:
Yeah buy a Savemii for around $50 compared to renting a game for $3 to $6 its a bargain

Why get a Savemii when Savemiifree is working?

Does the Wii power on from the Wii-mote? If not, and there is no reason you remember for it failing (wad installation or something) chances are it's the bluetooth module.

mantendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baker_Au said:
cobleman said:
Yeah buy a Savemii for around $50 compared to renting a game for $3 to $6 its a bargain

Does the Wii power on from the Wii-mote? If not, and there is no reason you remember for it failing (wad installation or something) chances are it's the bluetooth module.

actually no, i tried it just now and it seems that the wii is able to turn on with my wiimote.

mantendo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would i still need to reseat the bluetooth module even if my wiimote is able to boot the wii?
or is there some more greater, underlying problem that i do not know about? if so, would anybody be able to explain why this defective BT module is the cause of the BlackSOD?

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Baker_Au said:
cobleman said:

Evidently his sarcasm was lost on you.
He of course needs an original game with a firmware on it of 4.1 or greater (rented for a tenth of the price of a savemii) and savemiifree.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use Savemiifree do you still need a chip in the system.

If I'm reading thingd right Savemii or Savemiifree will load the recovery mode,but you need the chip to Autoboot a disk like the recovery CD(the pink one with the 2 fish on it).

Is this right?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
To use Savemiifree do you still need a chip in the system.

If I'm reading thingd right Savemii or Savemiifree will load the recovery mode,but you need the chip to Autoboot a disk like the recovery CD(the pink one with the 2 fish on it).

Is this right?

Yes that's right but using savemiifree with autoboot a retail disc.So find an original wii game that has an update on the disc higher then whats currently on your wii and use it.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ohmy.gif
Necrobump?

Savemii and Savemiifrii tell the sysmenu to load into recovery mode, which can then read a disc, and install it's update if it is newer than what is currently installed, or to run an autoboot repair disc, such as the pink fish disc.

The pink fish disc is already made to autoboot so it would not need an autoboot chip, but this disc has been made unusable and obsolete by the 4.0 update anyway, so it will not run with sysmenu 4.0 update, since the 4.0 update was the first update to stub IOS16, which is the IOS that the pink fish disc uses.

A modchip is only needed if you are trying to load burned games, and autoboot chip is only required to run regular discs like normal via the recovery menu, instead of just checking the update it has on it.

And you can only load custom made homebrew "unbricker" or "repair/recovery" discs if the sysmenu IOS either has the trucha bug, or has had the signature check patched out.

So... nowadays, for us users, the recovery menu is not really that useful without some unauthorized modification of some sort...

...unless you have a proper legit official Nintendo repair disc, and a new, latest-revision-one at that, and the correct region one, which I doubt anyone other than Nintendo would have in their possesion...

tl;dr version:
if you have a legit pink fish disc in your possesion, and it is the same region as your Wii, then you would not need a chip. Autoboot chip is only needed to play regular games from rec. menu.

Why the big long post?
I am bored, pepped up on caffiene, and have nothing better to do ATM, and this thread looks like it is going to get locked anyway due to being dead, then necrobumped and whatnot, so why not?
laugh.gif

Even serious mysterious guys like me need to have some fun sometime too, and this was the opportunity to provide just that.
smile.gif

Is this spam, or not spam?

I mean, the post is so long and useless, yet it has all the answers regarding the question about savemii and savemiifrii...

What do you guys think?

/me hides from any potential roflcopter attacks while awaiting the thread to be locked...

OK, I will stop now...
...maybe.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I first need to get the SaveMiiFree to work and see what System menu version is on the system I got.

From there I can determine which way to got the pink fish dick if below 4.0 or a chip that will autoboot a retail game with a system update on it.

I know I saw a list of games that had the updates on them, I think even earlier in this post.

I'll find it again.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-