use codes on Acekard RPG?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by The_Dark_Knight, Sep 2, 2008.

1. The_Dark_Knight
    OP

The_Dark_Knight GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    hi guys,

I've been using my Acekard RPG for a week or so now... I'm pretty sure there is a way to run Action Replay or some kind of codes on games... but I don't know how or where I saw that.

I wanted to use codes to speed through Tenchu DS because I'm a big fan of the Tenchu series but the game is quite boring =\

can someone point me in the right direction?

will I need totally new firmware? or is there just like a file I add to my current card's root directory?

anyway, thanks a bunch guys... I looked around but couldn't find anything definitive.

2. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    On the more recent firmware (esp. AIO) you can grab USRCHEAT.DAT (or the xml version) from
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
    and stick it (decompressed) into
    Code:
    __aio/cheats/USRCHEAT.DAT
    I imagine the latest RPG official firmware supports this, as well. You then have to pick the codes you want enabled through whichever menu option (in AIO you press Y for rom info and it's got a handy little button that says "cheats" if the game is in the cheat db)

3. The_Dark_Knight
    OP

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    I'm using the official 4.10 firmware... so I'm not sure... where do I put the DAT file and how do I access it on the DSLite?

also, the help file that came with the USRCHEAT.DAT file said that Acekard RPG should use CHEAT.DAT instead of USRCHEAT.DAT .... so I snagged that instead. sound good?

thanks!!

4. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2005
    Canada
    Home, WhereElse?
    You should read the readme with the official firmware at that version:
    changelog 4.03
    I can see the cheat directory with cheat files in 4.11 (with bliss' changes integrated), it's quite likely 4.10 you still have to make .cc files per game.

5. The_Dark_Knight
    OP

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    yea... I just went and got the AIO firmware =P haha

thanks a lot!