PhPmayan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yes of course.:D
From "Experiences" I can tell you it is not the badest Idea you have all three Loaders:

- USBLoader GX
- Configurable USBLoader - it maybe helps on some Games when the USBLoader GX can not detect the needed IOS to run the Game.It shows the IOS Number when you start a Game and then you can change it in USBLoder GX.:evil::D
Please use the v70 r78.11 Mod.
- WiiFlow Lite Mod from @fledge68 is an excellent Alternative and can also run Wii Games from SD Card (but not really recommended !!).Please use the latest Version v5.4.2

Thank you.:)

Man, you are a HERO! i can finally play games without my Wii crashing! Thank you so much!!! :D:D:D

Reactions: Alexander1970

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can change your Settings
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
to
IOS249[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
There's no reason to actually reinstall or swap the setup if it's already installed like that.
having 57 in slot249 is only a thing I suggest for newer users, no need to force old users to change their setup like that when it's easier to just change the settings in the loader !
set the slot to 250 if they want to use base57. that's all.
I usually suggest to new users 57 in 249 (only!, no need to more slots) to be easier and more compatible for "common games". Of course more obscure games would require different bases, but don't tell users to re-run the cIOS installer if not needed :)
thanks.

Man, you are a HERO! i can finally play games without my Wii crashing! Thank you so much!!!
Which solution worked ?
trying different slots settings, or trying a different loader (which one ?).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: jeannotte

PhPmayan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
There's no reason to actually reinstall or swap the setup if it's already installed like that.
having 57 in slot249 is only a thing I suggest for newer users, no need to force old users to change their setup like that when it's easier to just change the settings in the loader !
I usually suggest to new users 57 in 249 (only!, no need to more slots) to be easier and more compatible for "common games". Of course more obscure games would require different bases, but don't tell users to re-run the cIOS installer if not needed :)
thanks.

Which solution worked ?

The solution that worked is what alexander1970 told me to do (the one where he sent a screenshot of cIOS installer).

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thanks.

Which solution worked ?

The solution that worked is what alexander1970 told me to do (the one where he sent a screenshot of cIOS installer).

@Cyan
:P:D

Thank you and have now Fun with your Wii.:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not sure what you wanted to tell me by tagging me :P
If it's about what I said "don't tell users to swap their IOS slots", then it's still right. they can just set the loader to use slot250 instead of 249.

The blackscreen he had were probably caused by using slot251 (base 58 is not recommended, lot of games just black screen).

But he said all other slots he tried gave him black screen.
he probably had issue with the cIOS install (usually it's a wiimote desync issue, not black screen), so here yes it was useful to reinstall.
but in general, no need to force users to swap them :P

Last edited by Cyan,

Nisei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Won't suggesting new users to install base 57 in slot 249 complicate things later down the road?
Many people are referring to "cIOS 249" meaning cIOS base 56 in slot 249.
Why not stick to base 56 in slot 249 and 57 in slot 250 (like all the tutorials are showing) and tell new people to change global settings in GX to load cIOS from slot 250? Or release an update that defaults to load slot 250.

Last edited by Nisei,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Won't suggesting new users to install base 57 in slot 249 complicate things later down the road?
Many people are referring to "cIOS 249" meaning cIOS base 56 in slot 249.
Why not stick to base 56 in slot 249 and 57 in slot 250 (like all the tutorials are showing) and tell new people to change global settings in GX to load cIOS from slot 250? Or release an update that defaults to load slot 250.

people should stop referring new users to use this or that slot as one can install anything to a slot. Simply tell them to use which cios with which base on which slot and set their loader/game to use that slot.
Not even all tutorials use the same settings. Old Tutorials may tell users to install cios rev 19, 20 with base 37, 38...
Thank God that Nintendo has stopped updating the Wii or you may need base 99 one day to run some games; LOL (there is already one game the uses base 59 though that game is not compatible with usb loading as it uses a usb hdd itself.)
Updated tutorials may start to tell users to use base 57 on slot 249 too (Modmii?).

Nisei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree slots have nothing to do with cIOS versions but it's a fact people are referring to "cIOS 249" when they mean cIOS base 56 in slot 249. Most of the recent guides and videos are using this combination and it's mentioned in many posts on the forum as well.
You and I know this but "new people" don't so when they're reading posts saying "try loading xx game with 250 instead" they don't know they're already loading with cIOS 57 since they've installed it in 249.
That's why I believe it's best to keep 56 in 249 and 57 in 250 and just change the default in GX to 250.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree that new (not in the scene) users might refer to slot number, and most guide suggested these combination. I often tell users to install only ONE slot, and go with base57 to be more expeditive/shortcut to make Call of duty and just dance 2020 work (because they are popular!) to prevent install 3 useless slots when the loader uses only one. But at the same time I understand your point of view saying it only disrupt the easiness to help people because of different setup, and we might shoot ourselves in the feet?
I only discovered this month that lot of GH/RB need base56 and they can be somewhat popular too, even if having accessories means less people have these games. I though all games except spyro (with nfc accessory) worked with 56. again, accessories make that game less popular.

but like tswntk said, there are still old users, especially in these days with confinement putting their console back in service, with old setup (rev17/19, I just saw someone with d2x v6 this week).
saying they use "249" is not enough, for example Wiimote+ work with v7+, but it's still base56 in slot249.

syscheck makes its importance here, even if it's usually completely useless to debug most "black screen problem" to post a syscheck log, and most of the time only 2 or 3 listed slot are enough to fix user's problem if it's really a cIOS issue.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Nisei

Nisei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Agreed
But wouldn't it be a good idea to release a new GX and have it default to slot 250?
That way cIOS base 57 can stay there and you can tell the new people to install just 1 cIOS in slot 250.
And people who are using a d2x guide from elsewhere will still get their CoD and JD games working without any further tinkering.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there used to be 3 version of USBGX with 3 different slots.
nobody used the others?
222, 249, 250.
I released 1272 with 58 only, as a test for hdd compatibility issue, which help few but created issue for others. I'll revert it.
I can always go back to create multiple default base, but it's so easier to just go to the setttings instead of releasing mutiple dols doing with just one number change. should I release one per different settings too?

Reactions: Nisei

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
but like tswntk said, there are still old users, especially in these days with confinement putting their console back in service, with old setup (rev17/19, I just saw someone with d2x v6 this week).
saying they use "249" is not enough, for example Wiimote+ work with v7+, but it's still base56 in slot249.

Right, for those users, telling them to use slot 249 is meaningless and will just confuse them or mess up even more. They will have to learn the basics of cios, base and slot anyway to fix their issues.
Better be precise than trying to use a "common standard" that is not there.

Agreed
But wouldn't it be a good idea to release a new GX and have it default to slot 250?
That way cIOS base 57 can stay there and you can tell the new people to install just 1 cIOS in slot 250.
And people who are using a d2x guide from elsewhere will still get their CoD and JD games working without any further tinkering.

What about slot 222, 223,224,...236 (lol), 240, 241...,251, 252 ? release a new dol for everythe one of them? what about the same cios with different bases? All the combinations together will out number the available slots easily and some of them are useful for a few rare games.
Again better learn the basics and be precise.

Last edited by tswntk,

Nisei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Better be precise than trying to use a "common standard" that is not there.
Again better learn the basics and be precise.
Not everyone's willing to dive into the matter and what's wrong with trying to set up a common standard?
Why decide to install a certain base into a certain slot and then, after countless videos and tutorials have been posted, change it to a different slot?
Yes, there are many cIOSes and slots to choose from, but the average newcomer will do a Google search and follow one of the most viewed guides or videos Google presents to them.
And if, for the past few years, most of them are telling you to put d2x base 56 in slot 249 and 57 in slot 250 then I think it's a not a wise move to change that.
If, like Cyan says, a lot of the newcomers just want a working copy of CoD or JD and it requires base 57, then just make GX's default setting load slot 250. Problem solved. We're talking about mainstream here, not about the few people who are trying to get a rare game to work.
Just make it so it works for the majority of titles. If people are running into titles that don't work with that setup they can always choose to dive in deeper and find out how it actually works.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If, like Cyan says, a lot of the newcomers just want a working copy of CoD or JD and it requires base 57, then just make GX's default setting load slot 250. Problem solved. We're talking about mainstream here, not about the few people who are trying to get a rare game to work.
Just make it so it works for the majority of titles. If people are running into titles that don't work with that setup they can always choose to dive in deeper and find out how it actually works.

So, you don't need multiple dols with different slots released. And it is difficult to manage multiple versions of the same loader on a Wii for people with multiple games that require different bases. You should instead choose a default game cios for the majority of the games and change the per game cios setting for those games that require a different cios/base

PS. I don't know why you seems to like to quote something to support your ideas but to me those are actually against your ideas.

It is not wrong to try to set up a standard but this forum is mostly for problem solving (and thats what starts these disccusions) and most of these issues involve messed up cios setup. Unless you can get rid of all the outdated tutorials on the Internet, there is really no standard as in:
there are still old users, especially in these days with confinement putting their console back in service, with old setup (rev17/19, I just saw someone with d2x v6 this week).
plus many that followed outdated tutorials to hack their Wii even these days. IIRC, just last year, there is a "new" tutorial that tell users to use rev19 and that got quite a number of read counts... Many tutorials are still telling users to use d2x-v10beta53 on slot 249...

And one day when everyone thinks all others are using "standard" setup and forgets how thing really works, you are leaving the helpless behind.
If you can hack your Wii, you can understand the basics of cios with a couple more hours of reading.
It is always better to be precise instead of assuming those in need of help are having standard setups.

Reactions: jeannotte and Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always prefer to educate people, and explain how their hardware and software are working. understanding is hundred times more helpful than blindly following a guide and fearing to do something wrong (I do, when I follow guides I fear to brick ... look how many 3DS or switch "fear" thread there are, because nobody explain how these consoles and their security are working).
I wrote Wii hacking guide to explain how the internal is working.
I always write and explain with proper word to use "the slot where you installed xxxx base" and not "try 249 or 250" just in hope that one of the two are good.
I always (many many time) rewrite in all thread the same explanation, instead of sending users elsewhere to read random guides, explaining what IOS are, what base means, what version means, etc.

if you think it's too much for people, then THEY can go follow a youtube guide
THEY can always come here to ask for help on how to fix their game (they already do, and they always will), having standard or not.
In the meantime, people who'll want to understand what they are doing can just find proper guides and information here, and our help will just make so much more sense to them.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM