yay.gif

=)

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
OK this is getting a bit ridiculous. There are about 10 threads with USB loaders and images confusing everyone.

Is it possible for 1 person to collect all the different loaders with the correct images for the background to go with it and have them together under one thread. Nobody can add or delete except whoever makes the thread, and admin preferably.

Right now it's almost impossible to know what images are positioned correctly and what works with what. It's confusing I'm sure to everyone in here.

So although people are trying to be helpful, can this be cleaned up and no more threads all over the place. It seems to happen every time a new loader or piece of code is released, people start threads willy nilly and it's gets way out of control.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
OK this is getting a bit ridiculous. There are about 10 threads with USB loaders and images confusing everyone.

Is it possible for 1 person to collect all the different loaders with the correct images for the background to go with it and have them together under one thread. Nobody can add or delete except whoever makes the thread, and admin preferably.

Right now it's almost impossible to know what images are positioned correctly and what works with what. It's confusing I'm sure to everyone in here.

So although people are trying to be helpful, can this be cleaned up and no more threads all over the place. It seems to happen every time a new loader or piece of code is released, people start threads willy nilly and it's gets way out of control.
Well I mean I think the main reason this is happening is because people are pursuing the way the GUI works differently. Some people want to have a list of boxes to pick with the wiimote, some people want something more cover flow style, and some just want to mod the original GUI. I mean you really can't stop that from having different threads or else you'd have one mega thread, and that would be a total nightmare. It's bad enough if a ton of people ask for a .wad or something, but combine that with like three completely different projects going on in the same place and it would get messy. I mean short of telling everyone but one person/group to stop working on their version, this is actually probably the best way to do it.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Why can't there be a wiki page for all of them together. When you select one from the wiki page it will take you to that specific loader and all the images related to it.

Surely that would help clean things up. If people make a new background image it gets added to that loaders wiki page.

So you would have for instance, WiiShizzas Loader with 20 background images available to download and any other necessary files. Then people can check out the images knowing what is for what and can report if they are alligned or not ect.

The Wiki currently has them all listed but no images for them or no links to images. So you end up going there to get the loader dol, then you have to search through multiple threads, some with countless pages like this one with 53, just to trial and error what works.

Update

Ok I just checked the current loader wiki and it's not even that difficult to alter to fix to what I am saying. Basically when you click the loader name it takes you to a image of the loader, but why not have one large page with all the images in there so you can choose knowing they all work on that loader. At the end of each loader it has a bit for backgrounds, why not have a default background in here that we all know will work, maybe even with position measurements so anyone else wanting to try their own image knows exactly where to position correctly for that loader.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a pretty good idea for a background image thing with the wiki. That would definitely be very helpful to people that haven't been following this from the start.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
If it could be done by someone who knows what they are doing and what images go where, would they be willing to tidy this up for the benefit of everyone else. If it can be done then it could also be stickied and then it's just a case of people uploading new images to the wiki and people can try them out or not. I'm sure it would help clean up the forum a bit.

amars464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean it would involve making a new thread, which in a way is kind of counterproductive, but if we were to make a new thread, and have people post their backgrounds and which loader they are for, then it would be a lot easier to sort out for the wiki.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I just read a great idea if it could be implemented at all in the various loaders.

Someone mentioned the possibility of having an option to choose backgrounds from within the loader. Is this possible? If it is then it would be a really nice feature.

It would ensure that you could manually select from a number of images to suit your taste. If ones not matching up correctly it would be much easier to weed out and get resolved rather than having to manually replace and test it one by one.

QUOTE said:
I mean it would involve making a new thread, which in a way is kind of counterproductive, but if we were to make a new thread, and have people post their backgrounds and which loader they are for, then it would be a lot easier to sort out for the wiki.

Hey amars464. Yeah that would probably have to be done just to get it all sorted out what's what. I've seen djtaz do something similar in the past, collating all the related materials for something to have in one handy place so maybe I'll ask him and see where he is at.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cdreams said:
I just read a great idea if it could be implemented at all in the various loaders.

Someone mentioned the possibility of having an option to choose backgrounds from within the loader. Is this possible? If it is then it would be a really nice feature.

It would ensure that you could manually select from a number of images to suit your taste. If ones not matching up correctly it would be much easier to weed out and get resolved rather than having to manually replace and test it one by one.

QUOTE said:

Hey amars464. Yeah that would probably have to be done just to get it all sorted out what's what. I've seen djtaz do something similar in the past, collating all the related materials for something to have in one handy place so maybe I'll ask him and see where he is at.

I second that, a very good idea, plus easy to make: just refresh bg!

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All,

You will NEVER get an all in one loader ... read through this entire thread and you will understand why.

We tried, and the exact same thing that happened here, as it did in all other threads. We tried to keep it simple, tried to let the coders do their thing, but the beggers took over. Ending everything dead in its tracks.

Read, you will understand. It almost happened .... we tried ... but the beggers are just too many.

I have a loader here, with EVERYONE's best implemented ... but will not be posting it as there is no consideration for what it takes ... most just dont care. They are just begging for things, while not reading or contributing at all !

Kosaic, OUT !

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
All,

You will NEVER get an all in one loader ... read through this entire thread and you will understand why.

We tried, and the exact same thing that happened here, as it did in all other threads. We tried to keep it simple, tried to let the coders do their thing, but the beggers took over. Ending everything dead in its tracks.

Read, you will understand. It almost happened .... we tried ... but the beggers are just too many.

I have a loader here, with EVERYONE's best implemented ... but will not be posting it as there is no consideration for what it takes ... most just dont care. They are just begging for things, while not reading or contributing at all !

Kosaic, OUT !
yea agreed it just seemed that everyone just bitched and screamed like children...

whatever happened to making suggestions and pooling ideas?

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel you Kosaic.. I mean as soon as someone would ask people not to ask for WADS, the next 3 or 4 threads would be asking for wads...
Shiat.

I have been patiently waiting for a final thing to come out... I grabbed the first thing that was posted and worked with that..

BUT there ARE people that have followed the thread and NOT cluttered it up, like me. AND there are TONS more people that just fucking dont give a shit about anything but themselves and their ideas.

enough of my rant.

I have a question for Nixx, usptactical, kosaic. The loader I got,, the first nix's modded one doesnt play exite truck or tna impact.. I think I saw in this thread that it was fixed.. But I cant find it.. It could of been another thread...

But I need Nix's layout with a fixed loader, one that will run exite truck and tna impact..

Can you point me to which one it is? If there is one? Thanks alot... And PLEASE POST YOUR IMAGE PACK.. Not all but some are TRULY grateful to you for the hard manual work.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gah the menu screen is too big doesnt fit on my 16:9 tv also games that used to work like tatsonuko vs capcom just green screen now :/ anyone got a version of the v1.1 loader with Just the usb wait 60seconds thing?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Update

Ok I just checked the current loader wiki and it's not even that difficult to alter to fix to what I am saying. Basically when you click the loader name it takes you to a image of the loader, but why not have one large page with all the images in there so you can choose knowing they all work on that loader. At the end of each loader it has a bit for backgrounds, why not have a default background in here that we all know will work, maybe even with position measurements so anyone else wanting to try their own image knows exactly where to position correctly for that loader.
I've been working on a Photoshop project, which has multiple layers, for multiple loaders. I could post "dummy" backgrounds, which will show the correct positions for each loader.

Would anyone like to see these?

???

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlindDude said:
yes please
Here are the "dummy" background templates, for the three most highly used USB Loaders. (NOTE: These were designed for an NTSC console; PAL consoles may align the images differently!)

usbloaderusptactical.png

usbloadernixx.png

usbloaderwiishizzza.png

yay.gif
I hope these help!
yay.gif

TiMeBoMb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto