Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
-pb- said:
Not sure if this is reported yet,

Looks like it is failing to load the cover images after I hit 1 or more seconds of the usb-init timer.
tested all dols I found on the frontpage.

they do show up if disk is ready at startup.

yeah i can confirm that. I forgat to plug in the usb device and then when i did, it wouldn't load the covers anymore. game loading itself was just fine though.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
AdamBrunt said:
jservs7 said:
suloku said:
You forwarder freaks, try this:

http://sharebee.com/082590ba

Uses this path:
/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

This is not forwarder, this is something I "coded" myself ( don't worry, it can't brick your wii or anything, but if you mess making the wad file is your fault, not mine).
Thank you suloku! I just made my WAD and the forwarder now works.
smile.gif

I'll be posting my WAD with theme in a bit.

Just so I understand this properly ....

1) I need to inject suloju's .dol file into an existing WAD eg the WAD I used to create my current forwarder to wanin's USB Loader.
2) I also need any of the .dol's in the OP in the correct folder (apps\usbloader) on the SD card
3) I then install the WAD

Correct ?

Heres a wad for anyone who wants it
http://www.iol.ie/~taz/USBLoader-USBL.zip

you need your usbloader folder in /apps/usbloader/boot.dol after installing this wad

Not sure who created these images , but i found them on here - i didnt create them just used them for the wad
USBLoader-banner.jpg

USBLoader-icon.jpg
USBLoader-logo.jpg

I tested on my own wii and it works fine

Ok I'm getting a little confuse about this one. I just need to install the wad correct. What are the other files for the image and sound file.

Also could we get Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Taisen EX 3, BleachVS Crusade, Let
s Tap, Sky Crawler SD Gundam Scud Hammer, and Tvs Capcom covers. Thanks

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
kedest said:
-pb- said:
Not sure if this is reported yet,

Looks like it is failing to load the cover images after I hit 1 or more seconds of the usb-init timer.
tested all dols I found on the frontpage.

they do show up if disk is ready at startup.

yeah i can confirm that. I forgat to plug in the usb device and then when i did, it wouldn't load the covers anymore. game loading itself was just fine though.

Also noticed that the path to the images are relative to the dir where the boot.dol is/started.

if i put an dol in different apps dir to test it / have multiple loaders in apps/, then the images (which are in /apps/usbloader/images/) do not show up :-(

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
-pb- said:
Also noticed that the path to the images are relative to the dir where the boot.dol is/started.

if i put an dol in different apps dir to test it / have multiple loaders in apps/, then the images (which are in /apps/usbloader/images/) do not show up :-(

Isn't that a good thing ?

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
AdamBrunt said:
-pb- said:

Personally i whould prefer hardcoded path from sd:/ to the images.
in that way you can have different loaders on sdcard and all work with same images :-)

..and if they all use bg.png for full loader and background.png for 'child/family' edition, that would be top.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those people, like myself, who were using a dol with a forwarder WAD and were getting sent to the HBC instead of the main system menu, we were using the wrong dol.
tongue.gif

You can use nIxx's "WAD´s or the Forwarder" package from the front page and look for the dol inside labeled "SourceforWAD.dol".

Thanks to Kedest for the info and I apologize to suloku if I blamed his dol for not working properly.
tongue.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiShizzza said:
would anybody plz tell me, where in the source i find the values for X and Y position of the cover art ?

thx in advance

That's this I guess:
Video_DrawPng(ctx, imgProp, 28, 175);
in menu.c

usptactical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
WiiShizzza said:
would anybody plz tell me, where in the source i find the values for X and Y position of the cover art ?

thx in advance

That's this I guess:
Video_DrawPng(ctx, imgProp, 28, 175);
in menu.c

Correct. I was thinking about putting this in an external file or something to make it easier to change.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
-pb- said:
AdamBrunt said:
-pb- said:

Personally i whould prefer hardcoded path from sd:/ to the images.
in that way you can have different loaders on sdcard and all work with same images :-)

..and if they all use bg.png for full loader and background.png for 'child/family' edition, that would be top.

Ah, OK got you.

I wasn't envisaging having more than loader installed at a time (rather I was thinking an options screen where certain features could be turned on/off would be good) but multiple loaders would be better to hardcode the images to the root of the SD card

Just realised the 'toggable' options wouldn't work as it's a static background image not 'buttons' on a background
unsure.gif

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey kosaic, great job so far, couple more for you that you missed ntsc anyway

carnival games mini golf
ultimate i spy
the price is right

and the kororinpa, you just switched the 2 around, so change the title with eachother, the image was right, the img would just show up on wrong game. sequel on first, visa versa

keep it up

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mooseknuckle2000 said:
is anyone looking into the green screen issues with games like Exite Truck that should boot properly?

Same to you. Exite Truck ----- GREEN screen !!!!

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW .... 35 pages. Yesterday were 9. Guys, where background.png goes? I have my dol in app\usbloader and images + background in app\usbloader\img. Everything works very well but can get the background to show up. Thanks.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bula said:
WOW .... 35 pages. Yesterday were 9. Guys, where background.png goes? I have my dol in app\usbloader and images + background in app\usbloader\img. Everything works very well but can get the background to show up. Thanks.

rename it to bg.png and then it goes into the images folder

dahuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
dahuman said:
anyway for the forwader to go back to the main Wii menu instead of the homebrew channel?

it might just be me but the forwarder kedest uploaded goes back to the main wii menu.

Also, if you're using kedest's wad and nIxx's .dol then the images folder needs to be in apps\usbloader not the root.
just figured it out, I had to use the sourceforwad.dol instead of the inSD dir one.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
mooseknuckle2000 said:
is anyone looking into the green screen issues with games like Exite Truck that should boot properly?

Same to you. Exite Truck ----- GREEN screen !!!!

Having that problem too. I guess that's a video mode thing. I'm having that problem with this cover loader only. We'll have to wait for pal and ntsc specific versions i guess.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there 2 gh metallica game ids? i deleted one, thought it was duplicate, its the one i need tho, someone have the game ids for that?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
bula said:

rename it to bg.png and then it goes into the images folder
Tkanks

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maddoc said:
Kosaic said:
** NEW DOWNLOAD **

In trying to remain consistent, I will keep posting these for those who are following. (I've captured everything in this thread)

These are ALL 160x225 , ALL png's , ALL working !

400 Game Covers (This is a COMPLETE , Full Package for NTSC ... so far )
400 - Game Covers - NTSC - NEWEST PACKAGE - 28.02MB

No incremental download again this time .... the full pack is mostly cleaned up. (I have about 8-10 items to fix within, but nothing serious ... duplicates mostly)

I'm open for requests for ANY NTSC Game Covers I may have missed ... Put your requests in this thread.

This is everything I have produced, and every Cover that has been mentioned in this thread, to date !!!

If you have to ask about PAL covers, Please dont ... READ this entire thread
smile.gif
It is simple.

Thanks,
Kosaic

Added 400 PAL covers, it's Kosaic's work, thank him!
PAL -=> http://ul.to/mkcyyo

Mirror to Kosaic's 400 NTSC covers pack:
NTSC -=> http://ul.to/sc7mz8

Thanks!

Edit: added both packages combined for convenience.
800 PAL&NTSC covers by Kosaic: http://ul.to/zau9b0

Thanks maddoc !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's not funny