UsbLoader v1.4...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mhfan305, Sep 14, 2010.

Sep 14, 2010

UsbLoader v1.4... by mhfan305 at 5:19 PM (3,373 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. mhfan305
    OP

Newcomer mhfan305 Advanced Member

United States
    Before I get into this I would like to say that I know these files are outdated, and if anyone knows of a program that loads wii backups off a sd card that is easier to operate please let me know.

I am using cios 36 rev 14, and usbloader v1.4....i know I did all the steps correct because once i loaded my sd card in for the first time and went through the steps to get to playing the actual game on the sd card...it worked. I played mario kart for a few mins just testing it out....i then later exited, turned off my wii, and left. I returned home after a few hours and i loaded the usbloader up again to play mario kart, but instead of loading my game it gave me this error

Mounting device, please wait..
    (30 seconds timeout)

ERROR! (RET = -1)

Press any button to restart

Now before you tell me to look in the forum because that error has been mention relise this....I have looked in your forum, and i have googled this error many times. yes people have gotten it, but no one explains how to fix this problem. I havent seen anyone with my problem...as in I have actually played a game and havent touched anything, later to found out that it doesnt work now....hmmmm....anyways, I would be so happy if someone would please just take their time to figure out why this is happening to me. thank you if you choose to help.

p.s. I currently do not own a usb hardrive, so please do not recommend a program that only requires that.

edit: ok, this is confusing, so i figured I might as well update my cioscorp 3.4 to 3.6...i did that succesfully. then I said i might as well update my current ciosx from rev 17 to rev 20...did that succesfully...then i was figured i give loading a game with usbloader 1.4 and i poped the sd card in as soon as the rev20 update was done....as i right this i am currently installing my monster hunter tri game to the sd card using usbloader, next i will try to load a game....for some reason it didnt ive me that error again...it mounted the sd card...but i am beating as soon as i quit the game and try to load it again...it will give me an error...so what? am i supposed to reinstall rev20 each time i want to play a game? im so confused someone on this website has to have an answer for me....please.

edit2: ok so it seems that updating to the latest everything it is working....I have 1 last problem....the monster hunter tri i copied to the sd card, if i try to run it i get a error #002, how can this be fixed? do i need to upgrade to usbloader v1.5?

2. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Please update your usb loader with the one called "configurable usb loader", the latest version is 60. It is based on the original usb loader from Waninkoko (the one you are using now) and it have many new features and goodness to make all games (new or not) playable. Ie, for your #002 error problem, you could turn on the fix for that in the game option.

Also, I would suggest your install Hermes' cIOS rev5.1 (cios 222 223 224 all base) and use the 222 version of cfg usb loader. But that's only an advice from a experienced user.

Pip'

3. Richardarkless

Member Richardarkless GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I agree with this but rev5.1 cant choose ios37 as a base for 5.1 so mfan get v4

ios37 is best for games like monster hunter tri or any musical games

Either that or get cios249 and install with base 56 (has more game support than 37)

4. Pippin666

Canada
    Wrong sir, you can install Hermes' cios 5.1 base 37 in the 223 slot.

Tbh, cfg usb loader v60 + hermes cios 5.1 222 default & 223 base 37 is all you rly need. It's only a matter of choice now on how to launch the loader; forwarder, hbc, etc,...

Pip'

5. mhfan305
    OP

United States
    thank you for the reply's. i was wondering if 1 of you have a wad file for cfg usb uploader, also explain and maybe provide the 222 version of cfg usb loader. thank you.

6. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    WAD files cannot be posted on GBAtemp. Also, I believe CFG auto-detects your CIOS slot.

7. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Some WAD files (such as those for homebrew channels) can be posted on GBATemp.

8. mhfan305
    OP

United States
    so what does that mean? how do i keep 1 sd card in that has the cfg usbloader in it, but i want the other sd card in that has my games on it?

edit: ok well i got everything to work after a lot of different processes. now i have another freaking problem [​IMG] ...i am trying to load my copy of ssbb on this damn program and its freezing on me again...it seems that you have to do something special to dual layer games with this shit program and no one on the internet AGAIN has stated what to do exactly....if anyone knows what the fuck i have to do just to play ssbb with this program please do tell

9. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States

There's your problem, you can't play Subspace Emissary with rev14, as DL support is broken in rev14.

10. Pippin666

Canada
    Wtfudge is Subspace Emissary ??

Pip'

11. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Really, you don't know what is Subspace Emissary?

Pip'

12. mhfan305
    OP

United States
  13. Pippin666

Canada
    Honest, I don't !!

Pip'

14. dottor_male

Member dottor_male GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    They answered you [krestent]! Update your frakking cIOS 249 to the last version. rev14 does not support dual layer games.

15. Burton

Puerto Rico
    Subspace Emissary is a one or two person storyline adventure inside super smash bb. Is by playing this adventure storyline that you get almost all characters and special stuff of the game.

16. mhfan305
    OP

United States
    IM ON REV 20 FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!!!!!

17. Burton

Puerto Rico
    what's your problem again?

18. mhfan305
    OP

United States
    im having trouble starting ssbb. well i got it to play...i played it for a while...then i restarted it...and the way i got it to run was change some of the settings in cfg usb loader...but now i cant remember what settings i changed....i know i changed almost all of them and applied all the patches for no reason...just to see if it had any effect...i remember changeing the alt dol and making it go to SD....and thats how it got the game running...now i cant remember what i did. so it looks like everything is installed correctly...its just i need to find out what settinsg i set last time.

19. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    reading the thread - i'd say impulse control.

20. mhfan305
    OP

United States
    damn it....see i did it again...i forgot what settings i changed and it worked...what settings makes it say

loading..........shawdowmload or something like that?

edit: video patch: on & anti 002 fix: on make ssbb work for me. thanks for some of the help folks.