Usbloader all version crushing help please

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nintendo101, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009
  1. Nintendo101
    OP

Newcomer Nintendo101 Member

France
    I need some help, this is what I have done.

I have an brand less 3.5” IDE/SATA HDD enclosure with a old Maxtor 30GB hdd (getting a bigger one soon) I have used Usbmass2 tester and it detected my empty Fat32 formatted hdd but for some reason it did not make the test test.txt file however Usbmass3 tester made a test test.txt file but when I opened this txt file on my computer it only say test, what information was supposed to be on it?

I assume that since a test.txt file was created, my Hard Drive enclosure has a chance that it may work with Usb loader 1.5.

I have Ciso rev9 installed on my 3.2E PAL wii, is this ok or do I need to install Cios rev 10?

Do I need to format and prepare the HDD with WBFS manager? Before I connect it to the wii?

I have tried using USB_Loader.1.5s_mod0.2_by_Brisma, uloader_v1.7 by Hermes, SDUSB-Loader_v1.5 official, SDUSB-Loader_cfg29d config mod v29d, however all have crashed at the mounting device 30sec screen??

Please let me know what I am doing wrong, I have formatted a old 1GB USB stick to WBFS and Zelda TP worked perfectly so don’t know what extra steps I am doing work on the HDD setup.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

2. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    1: I would recommend installing it.
    2: Yes.
    3. See 2.
    4. Is the harddrive formatted to wbfs?

3. Nintendo101
    OP

France
    The Hard drive is not formatted to WBFS, should I format it to this file system?

4. Nintendo101
    OP

France
    Hello, I formatted the hard drive to WBFS using WBFS manager, I did not install any game iso yet, however when I connect the USB Hard drive enclosure to the wii USB Port0 and then load up any version of USB loader I am prompted to choose SD or USB mass storage device, when I select USB mass storage device, usb loader says something like “mounting WBFS devices retry in 30sec” and would go any further, in-fact it actually crashes as it does not respond to any command to return to the homebrew channel and the only other option is to pull the power.

Any suggestion on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance