USB subsystem error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Khaosknight, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009

USB subsystem error by Khaosknight at 10:38 AM (1,533 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Khaosknight
    OP

Newcomer Khaosknight Member

United States
    I have been using the Cfg USB Loader and Hermes USB loader for some time now and recently i keep getting a

ERROR: Could Not Initialize USB Subsystem! (Ret = -6)

Iv only found the Ret = -1 means that the device is incompatible, and i have tried 2 other wbfs drives and get the same error.

what does that error code mean?

I am on System Menu 3.2u(I would like to stay there too), i just got Rock Band 2 so i had installed cios37 and 38 along with the shop channel updater to get my DLC to work as well as my instruments to work without having to update my SM. The loaders worked just moments before i messed with the Rock Band 2 fixes.

Im thinking this error is caused by one of the IOS's i messed with, can someone please help. Or at least give me some information, i am usually really careful with this stuff and this is the first time i have ran into an error i just cant seem to get past.

EDIT: I am also having trouble with WADs, i tried to reinstall cios36 rev9 and got an error message and when i tried to install the cfg hybrid channel i accidentally deleted i also got errors.

2. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
  3. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    install the latest cios and it will fix that

4. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    Alight after i bit of searching i figured out that it was caused by the install of cios37(i needed it to work my rock band 2 instruments) i installed hermes cios222 and my loaders seem to work now,

Now i cant install any channel wads with cios37 installed. i accidentally deleted my cfg usb loader channel and now i cant install it again. How can i install channels with cios37? or is there another alternative to cios37 to work my rock band 2 instruments?

5. nitrostemp

Australia
    since you have installed hermes cios 222 that gives you the compatibility with rock band instruments, just install the newest cios by waninkoko and your wads will install fine

6. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    Does that cios222 also give it compatability with Rock Band 2 retail disk? its not a backup, i have to load the retail disk though wiigators gamma loader 0.3 because all i get is a black screen when i try and load through the disk channel. Im just asking this to make sure.

Also which of Waninkokos cios's is the latest i can use which will work for me, i cant seem to find much of his stuff from a reliable source since he took it off his blog.

7. nitrostemp

Australia
    you should dump rock band 2 on to a wbfs and load with cfg loader and change the game settings to use 222 for cios or..
    you could download geckos of wiibrew to play rockband as it runs off system menu ios's

8. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    Well i would do that but i dont have enough room on my drive for it, and can you use Rawksd and stuff when its a backup?

9. nitrostemp

Australia
    i believe so, but you might want to try geckos as it small and should solve the problem

10. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    Ah i thought that Gamma loader and geckos were almost identical in some ways. Well anyway thank you, also which of wanins cios should i use and where can i get it?

11. nitrostemp

Australia
  12. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
  13. nitrostemp

Australia
    IOS38-64-v3867

14. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    alright thank you so much for all your help, i will try this when i get home and let you know if it works.

Thanks again.

15. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I'd actually get rev14 or 15 rather than rev16 (I heard rev16 has some problems)

You can get all recent cIOS installers here btw

16. nitrostemp

Australia
    the only problem with cios is its compat with neogamma and dual layer copy discs

17. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    Wait so if i install this cios38 i should be able to install wads and i can load the usb instruments and load my usb channels properly?

18. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    i installed the cios and my wads and loader work but my rock band instruments dont. I installed the cios 38 as 249, if i install it as something else will that let both my usb loader and instruments work, and if so which one?

EDIT: it turns out my CFG usb loader wont mount my drive but uloader will. I prefer cfg, is there anyway around this?

19. Khaosknight
    OP

United States
    Sorry for all the posts but this is really making me mad. Is there any way on SM3.2u to install cios37 as anything other than 249 and still work the rock band instruments. Without 249 my cfg usb loader wont read my drive.

I have installed so many of these cios's and im getting worried its eventually gonna mess something up.