USB question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Justin Howell, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Justin Howell
    OP

Justin Howell Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2013
    United States
    So I heard recently that the game Animal Crossing: City Folk was a small game under 1Gb but the file I have here is over 4Gb. I was wondering if the information i got previously was wrong or if I have somehow made a mistake.
    I am trying to put this game on my USB because my original copy is damaged and will not be read by my wii. I only have 2 smaller USB drives that i can use so it would be helpful if someone could help me figure this out. Thanks.

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    I don't think Animal Crossing can be 1GB when trimmed but did you trimmed the rom? Download WBFS manager, format one of your USB drives and add the game, it will auto trim and add, then see if it works.

3. Justin Howell
    OP

Justin Howell Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2013
    United States
    Ok well that worked fantastically I got the game onto my usb device but it has opened up a whole new can of worms. When i plug it into my wii and run usb loader it won't recognize my usb device.

4. natkoden

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    City Folk when scrubbed weights only 326MB.

Are you using a Flash drive or a Hard Drive?

Try formatting it (WBFS, FAT32, NTFS, all the same) with Wii Backup Manager (WBFS Manager is crap compared to this one) and use the same program to copy the game over. If it is still not working, try another FDD/HDD.

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    They are NOT all the same. You want FAT32. It's got the highest compatibility all around.

Arm73 and Sicklyboy like this.
  6. natkoden

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    For animal crossing, it will be.

I use NTFS for all my games with three different drives and they all work. Saves me the trouble of splitting DL games.

7. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That doesn't mean it's smart to use it. WBFS corrupts and you can't recover anything. FAT32 works with all homebrew and games. NTFS has limited support all around.

Splitting takes no time at all, and it's done automatically by WBM.

Sicklyboy likes this.
  8. Justin Howell
    OP

Justin Howell Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2013
    United States
    USB loader gx will not recognize my usb. Wiiflow sees the game just fine but when i try to play it either goes to a black screen or some weird code shows up and says reloading in 10 secs then takes me back to my wii home menu.

9. natkoden

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    reinstall d2x

slot 249 base 56
    slot 250 base 57

configure the loaders to use 249 by default

10. Justin Howell
    OP

Justin Howell Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2013
    United States
    Hmm well i just figured out that for an unknown reason my wii was not connected to the internet when i originally modded it, could this be the root of my problems or does that not matter?

Either way I tried what you suggested and it still cuts out to the weird code when I hit play.