usb not initialized with parted hdd

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Psygnosis, May 23, 2017.

1. Psygnosis
    OP

Psygnosis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2009
    Italy
    Hi all,
    I had a Wii with a very old softmod, so yesterday I've do some cleanup and I've upgrade ios and cios trough modmii + syscheck.

I have an external HDD with power supply.

Before I update ios+cios the hdd has 3 partition:
    1. NTFS
    2. FAT32 wii
    3. FAT32 ps2

and it worked on usb loader gx r1265 (lastest) fine.

Then i have some problem with ps2 partition and I merge the last two and now I have
    1. NTFS
    2. FAT32 (32k cluster format with wii backup manager)

now for some reason usb loader gx give me always the "usb not initialized" error. I try everything but I think the problem is with cios.

(on sd card there is the config/cfg file)
    • If I load usbloader gx with only sd card I have the usb not initialized error and I can't even customize path (usb8 + error)
    • If I load usbloader gx with sd and HDD it's the same thing.
    • If I load usb laoder gx with sd + flash drive = works (and save the config/cfg on the flash drive).

I try to move the cfg file on the sd but usb loader seems to read the cfg file only from the usb.

Here you will find my syscheck.
    I'm a bit desperate cause the dvd drive don't work anymore and I'd like to play some gc game.

PS I also try to reinstal d2x cios with d2x cios installer on ios 56-249 and 57-250 nothing change.

thanks for your help in advance

Last edited by Psygnosis, May 23, 2017
  2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    r1262 is the latest version of USB Loader GX and the FAT32 partition should be the first one on the drive if you have more than one.

Psygnosis likes this.
  3. Psygnosis
    OP

Psygnosis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2009
    Italy
    Damn can I force it would point on the second? Before I update the cios it works withe the second partition