Hacking usb loading doesn't work

someuser08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've been struggling with loading backups from USB hdd (tried two different types of enclosures, just in case) for almost a week now (since I got new Wii).
Basically loading from WBFS off HDD doesn't work: for some games I get blank screen, for some it freezes during intro video, for some it freezes after you got into menu and started a level etc...
They all work perfectly if I burn them on DVD and launch from there (via Neogamma), so it must be only USB relevant problem.

My set up is:

external sata HDD 250Gb
WBFS formatted and loaded with games via Wii Backup Mananger (although I tried WBFS manager as well)
cIOSx 19 (tried both IOS base 38 and 57)
Hermes v5 (with recommended bases)
Launchers: Neogamma R8/R9, USB Loader GX (all exibit exactly the same behaviour, i.e. freezing occurs in the same games at the same time)

I'm pulling my hair out currently, so any pointers should be highly appreaciated.
wacko.gif

someuser08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt that since the same copy burnt on to DVD works... I've been reading on other formus that apparently cIOSx rev19 doesn't work well with USB HDD. Will be trying rev17 soon and report back...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
someuser08 said:
I doubt that since the same copy burnt on to DVD works... I've been reading on other formus that apparently cIOSx rev19 doesn't work well with USB HDD. Will be trying rev17 soon and report back...
That's not true. The problem is that USB Loaders will sometimes corrupt games when installing them to the hard drive. It usually takes me 2 or 3 rips to get it right.

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing games to the hard drive? Is this a WBFS thing only? NTFS I just drag and drop them and pick the game when i load my USB loader channel.

Or by installing does that mean just ripping a legit copy to the hard drive then playing it from there?

someuser08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I backed out to rev17 and hermes v4 and half of the games are playing now, although USB loading does seem a bit slow (definitely slower than reading from DVD). I was under impression that USB should be faster...

MrBananman, which loader do you use for loading from NTFS and what are your cIOSes?

MrBananman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use configurable usb loader, and you have to look in the gameid file that comes with it and rename the iso's to their correct gameid (E's are english, there is a whole site dedicated to this if you are wondering where the id's came from), then put them in a folder called wbfs in your hard drive's root. As for cIOS I have 249 rev 17 which doesn't work, so I have to use hermes v4 223 which I installed 37 merged with 38 on I believe. You can install whatever you want on to 222 (such as just 38) to try to sue incase the 223 with 37+38 doesn't work.

And I guess you could install 249 rev 19 to use that instead.

someuser08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK i moved to FAT32 HDD with Configurable USB Loader(on 222 which is 38+37) and cIOS rev17 + hermes rev4 and almost everything is playing OK now. Having troubles with EA Sports Active More Workout and Boom Blox Bash Party though ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.