Hacking USB Loaders and WiFi/DLC

  • Thread starter Thread starter drmarvin
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,821
  • Replies Replies 8

drmarvin

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
319
Reaction score
2
Trophies
1
Age
50
Location
Canada
XP
476
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to find any definitive answers for the following things. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is my setup
SM 4.0U
HBC installed
all the cIOSs I can think of, including rev10
Several USB loaders tried

1. When I run GHWT from the USB loader, it says that it has no WiFi connection. I know that there are issues with the USB ethernet adapter, but I'm not sure what is going on with the WiFi.

2. When trying to use DLC songs (on the non-SDHC SD card) in GHWT, it says that they are not "up to date" and need to be downloaded again. I assume this has something to do with trying to have the SD card ready for the SD loader (although it wasn't with a Loader 1.5).

I assume that much the same will happen with RB2, but I didn't try it yet. Since these games are the biggest reason I want the USB loader, I am wondering if anyone can help me resolve these issues.

Thanks
 
OK, that was a little harsh, but hey.

I am wondering about

GHWT: Guitar Hero World Tour

and

RB2: Rock Band 2

Hope that helps

Thanks
 
I'm really curious about this problem, because having 3 such games (World tour, Metallica, and Rock Band) all with different songs, it's annoying to change discs when I want to play different songs. Having them all on a USB loader would be so much more convenient. And maybe if I had my other games on a HD, then I would actually play them more because I would remember I have them. Smash Bros, Olympics, and Strikers have not had much play, mostly because I have forgotten about them.
 
I'm surprised that nobody else has either seen this problem, or at least have these games working correctly. Any ideas for what's going on?

Thanks
 
Hi drmarvin,

I can't help you with your WiFi issue, it works fine for me (RB2, GH:WT).

As for DLC, I had the same issue. My guess was that it's because these games require a specific IOS for reading from/writing to SD card. The cIOS used in the USB loader is based on IOS 36 (or maybe 37), which is presumably older than the IOS used by GH and other games and might not even provide the functions they need to read from/write to SD.

The only solution for me was to boot up the game with the original disc and copy the DLC back to the Wii's system memory, but this isn't great if you have a lot of DLC and not much room on the Wii.

McH
 
Thanks McHaggis

With a little more testing this morning, I found much the same. Loaders based on v1.5 seem to have no troubles with WiFi, but songs are either listed but don't work (RB2) or don't show up at all (GHWT). As you said, I think it's because the SD initialization is somehow linked to the USB2 initialization, and unless that can be changed, the only way is to have the songs in NAND, which is certainly getting less feasible, the more DLC that is released. Hopefully something can be worked out with a new cIOS or something.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted