Hacking USB loader Question

orph22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, i have a quick question about my wii. I put the homebrew channel 1.01 on it using twilight hack v0.1beta. installed USBloader. But I get an error (ret! = -1022) when trying to install the custom game channel Wad files using WADmanager 1.3. What should I do? do I have to update to 3.2 or something?

Here are the steps I followed
-started at unmodded Wii at v3.1u
-Used Twilight hack to install homebrew channel
-enabled USB2.0 with cios_usb2 (dol version)
-installed cIOS36 rev 9 using dol version
-USBloader works fine.
-Tried to use Wadmanager 1.3 to add the game channel wads created by WBFS Man Chan 2.0
- instaling content #01... Error! (ret! = -1022)

Your help would be greatly apreciated.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd, that is the same type of error you get when you don't have cIOS installed, but obviously you do if USB loader works fine.

I would suggest updating to 3.2... easiest way would be to use AnyRegionChanger. That installs version 3.2, just make sure to leave the region to your default system region unless you have a need or want to change it.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
john_smarty said:
i thought you had to be on 4.0 for the usb loader to work ?

No, why should you? the USB2.0 Support is provided by the cIOS not by the System Menu...
wink.gif

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I had this problem at one point, I think I fixed it by installing cIOS36 rev 9 using the network install option, rather than the SD card option.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
If I burn a game ISO to DVD, a re-writeable DVD will the USB loader then be able to rip it back to a HDD or USB drive?

Cheers,
M

orph22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So whats really wierd is installing other .wad files works without a problem. Just installed USBloaderchannel v1.1 with wadmanager1.3 and it works.
Shame that i cant get the USBHDD game channels to work though. They look so Sick!

Should I try installing cIOS36 rev9 again? or is that dangerous?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mark.m.moran said:
Hi guys,
If I burn a game ISO to DVD, a re-writeable DVD will the USB loader then be able to rip it back to a HDD or USB drive?

Cheers,
M

A re-dump of a burned game works... But use only MINUS Media (DVD-R, DVD-RW)...
Alternatively you can produce a ISO of a burned game by PC(e.g. Imgburn)and re-install it from PC.

TheRocket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
That should work, but instead you can copy the ISO to your HDD directly with a WFBS Tool.

QUOTEBut use only MINUS Media (DVD-R, DVD-RW)...
Why? I used a few times a DVD+RW and it worked, too.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx guys. I have some games on DVD RW's from ages back when I had a Wiikey. Hopefully I will be able to re-rip them back to the WBFS HDD that I am setting up. I don't know if the are -RW or not.....time will tell!

M

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
orph22 said:
So whats really wierd is installing other .wad files works without a problem. Just installed USBloaderchannel v1.1 with wadmanager1.3 and it works.
Shame that i cant get the USBHDD game channels to work though. They look so Sick!

Should I try installing cIOS36 rev9 again? or is that dangerous?

did you install it originally off the SD card, that's what I did, then I reinstalled using the network installation and it worked fine, without even deleting my old version, just do a network install on top of your current install and see what happens.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi orph22, sorry I was away when you messaged me on IRC.
Anyway, I did some research on this error and it looks like you need to install IOS16 to get Wad Manager to work fully.
Do you still have the SoftMii files? IOS16.wad is in there.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TheRocket said:
QUOTE said:
That should work, but instead you can copy the ISO to your HDD directly with a WFBS Tool.

QUOTEBut use only MINUS Media (DVD-R, DVD-RW)...
Why? I used a few times a DVD+RW and it worked, too.

Well, the specs of MINUS DVD-media is much closer to the DVD-ROM standards.
In most cases they do work better than PLUS-Media.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4